“High prices ... small portions”

Nectar Restaurant and Wine
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Moscow
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Great ambiance and delicious food. I'm willing to pay for quality, but when the portions decrease with every visit while the pricing increases, it makes me question.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We had a large group and were seated in a back room. The menu is short but a nice selection. The Filet was very good as was the Mac and Cheese. Very nice selection of wine by the glass.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Awesome atmosphere for a date, really nice dishes, high class place. With that being said it's also quite expensive. A client was treating our office to dinner, it's a good place to wine and dine someone or have a nice date. But I would never consider it a place to just grab a bite, way too expensive.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Nectar offers a limited menu, with some favorites that are always included, plus some rotating and seasonal items. The diverse salad and appetizer offerings can be combined to create a light meal while the full dinners will satisfy hungrier guests. We have tried both options and it has never disappointed my wife or me. Seafood and lamb dishes are my favorites. The wine selection is outstanding for a restaurant in a small town, with wines ranging from modestly priced options to excellent wines suitable for a major celebration. It is almost always where we eat dinner if we are eating in town.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Moscow is blessed right now with several first rate restaurants. Nectar is one. The food is excellent. Don't miss the macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, or the best burger in town. The dishes are gourmet (even the comfort food). The chocolate torte is to die for. Enjoy a wide variety of wine with one of the flights. Or work through the creative, excellent cocktail menu (even the "well" ingredients are high quality). The service is always freindly, without being in your face all the time. I'd say it is respectful, not slow.

This is where we always take job candidates for the Biology department at the University of Idaho.

Don't be shy about dinner at the bar, with the locals. I usually eat at the bar because I enjoy watching the kitchen!

Yes, Nectar is a bit pricy for Moscow. But it is not at all pricy for a comperable experience elsewhere, even in the area.

This is where my wife and I ALWAYS have dinner when we spend the night in Moscow.