1,008 results
All reviews thai spa beautiful hotel red carpet minute walk the main street old world charm art deco water bus breakfast room scrambled eggs lido island central venice vaporetto stop public beach loved this hotel the hustle and bustle pastries
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was beautiful and classic. The decor and furniture added to its charm. The restaurant and bar had good service and good food. Since it was included on a trip, I can’t really comment on the cost. My only complaint was the 20 euro fee to use the pool.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Nice looking hotel with a good breakfast anda decent bedroom. Horrible air blower and nice liquid soap but you can not take home if you want to like others hotels...
well located in the Main Street and kind receptionists. Me and my husband wake up with a running nose and we think it was something in the room

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Hotel was nice, food was lovely and staff were excellent. Food was very good - great breakfast and lovely dinner. Restaurant staff were amazing, in particular Mimo - very knowledgeable of the food, very happy and friendly! Mimo really made the restaurant such an enjoyable experience! The food was really great too. Enjoyed my stay here so much that my parents are arriving there tomorrow! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been staying here for 10 days and wish I had never booked this hotel. Last year we stayed at a beautiful B&B and I wish we had gone there again.
The Ausonia is overpriced for what it is. The rooms are outdated, the bathroom is in serious need of renovation.
The maids do not clean properly, there is dust all over the minibar, the glass I used last night has been left on top of the minibar but still dirty.
My clothes have all been knocked off the top of the dresser onto the floor and left there.
The new swimming pool whilst impressive to look at costs 20euros per person per day to use. The private beach area costs 28euros per day to use which only includes two beds and an umbrella but was all booked when I arrived so pointless anyway.
Breakfast consists of some cold sausages and pancakes, the strangest scrambled egg I’ve ever tasted, I’m sure it’s powdered egg, and some dry bits of cake and fruit. There are never enough plates out to be used and you constantly have to keep asking the staff to bring more this or more that. It looks pretty to sit outside and eat breakfast but don’t bother as the wasps swarm around you making it a very unpleasant experience.
The hotel has nowhere you can sit to enjoy a drink during the day. One day it was cloudy and we decided to play cards outside on the terrace, when I asked for a cup of tea I was told the kitchen was closed.
There is no way I would pay nearly 200euros per night for this hotel ever again.
To top it all off I just went downstairs to let the hotel staff know that my room had not been cleaned properly and showed them pictures and their answer was simply “Ok”!! No apology, nothing. It was as if they were confused as to how I could possibly have the cheek to complain!
Really disappointing. Don’t bother booking.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucyrussell75
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The facade of this hotel is stunning covered in ceramic tiles. The dining rooms etc are also very elegant. Our room was classic double room and was very old looking and basic. Very clean and well serviced. All the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good.
Venice itself is very easy to reach by water bus and Lido is a lovely and chilled Base to use, returning there after the hustle and bustle of the city is very good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple