All reviews travel lodge mid century rain shower big city coffee fresh squeezed juice craft cocktails downtown boise huge shower mini bar continental breakfast yogurt walk in shower quiet room a great place to stay business trip close to downtown hip
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the Modern despite being sick with the flu. My room was pristine and the shower in the bathroom was luxurious & functional. The staff were so helpful in accommodating my special requests - hot water to mix my Theraflu and storing & later microwaving my frozen dinners when I was too sick to eat in public.

When I finally recovered enough to eat in their restaurant, the food was delicious. I wish I could have tried the craft cocktails but I could not mix alcohol and medicine. I'd definitely stay here again if I am fortunate enough to return to Boise.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Modern H, Public Relations Manager at The Modern Hotel and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

How rotten that you were sick during your stay! But I'm glad we did what we could to make you more comfortalbe. Thank you for your kind words, and please do come back soon--hope you're one hundred percent better now!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Stayed in both the hotel and apartments (studio) within a week. Everything is updated; the studios are completely new. All is clean, updated trendiness. The restaurant/bar is fresh-loved the patio (retro) seating. Front desk staff (5 different in our stays) were helpful and smart. Can't wait to go back to Boise and The Modern.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

And we can't wait to see you back, Lorie! I'm glad you had a consistently positive experience. Thank you so much for your generous review!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We just returned from 3 nights at The Modern. I rarely take the time to write reviews, but The Modern deserves it. First off, the sent an Uber at their cost to get us at the airport. Once we arrived, the front desk young man could not have been nicer. So convenient to just sit down in the courtyard and have a drink and/or food. Room was immaculate and nice bedding. Also, we used their very nice bikes and rode along the river for miles. Love the location of this hotel. Any time we are in Boise, this is our choice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're so glad you chose us to review! Our staff does try to make sure guests have what they need for a comfortable, enjoyable experience. Guests like you make it easy. Please do come back soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Cozy, quiet, great design. The home made yogurt offered at breakfast was an awesome touch as well as the great coffee and cool diner white mugs. Bath products were high end and greatly appreciated. The outdoor seating area was a nice place for breakfast and a cool place for a drink in the evening. Service was excellent. Loved the offer of Indie movies with a brochure in the room detailing each.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Modern H, Public Relations Manager at The Modern Hotel and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Pam B., thank you, thank you for your generous review! I'm so glad you had a comfortable stay. Please come back soon--

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We had a delicious meal and cocktail at the restaurant, then settled in to watch the movie shorts they Loop on an internal channel. Terrific amenities and friendly staff. They have bicycles we could have borrowed, had we stayed more than just one night. Comfortable bed with soft sheets, and a huge shower with nice bath products. Even ear plugs in the bedside table in case. I feel like they addressed all the comforts of travel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Modern H, Public Relations Manager at The Modern Hotel and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Julianne, thank you! What a generous review--it's so nice to hear we checked all the boxes. Word-of-mouth reviews like yours are wonderful; we're grateful. Come back soon!