“Birthday Lunch”

Baraset Barn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Alveston
Price range: US$27 - US$58
Cuisines: Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have dined at the Baraset many times over the years and have never been disappointed. Today my wife and I had another outstanding lunch.
The Baltic sharing platter was the ideal starter - the blend of flavours is an example of the brilliance of the chef’s team. Smoked salmon, tempura calamari, Thai fish cakes and king prawns in a spicy dip complemented by Foccachia bread in ample quantities set the tone for the rest of the meal.
My wife chose beef fillet with seared asparagus, I had the duck with beetroot, mushrooms and pan fried new potatoes both cooked to perfection.
The staff are excellent especially the front of house manager - an absolute gem.
We will undoubtedly be back (very shortly).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived at 6 not thinking to check when food started- turns out it ways 6:30 but this wasnt a problem. We had a drink in the conservatory area and staff made a special effort to take our order early( even though we assured them we didn’t mind waiting). Food was prompt and tasted as good as it looked.
We ate off the early bird fixed price menu and the three options for each course were varied to suit all tastebuds!
Was a lovely experience with friendly but professional staff who were attentive but not overbearing. (Unfortunately I didn’t catch her name but we were served mostly by a waitress with Nike shoes and sports leggings on!)
Very much enjoyed!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a wonderful visit. We chose the private dining room as there were 10 of us in our party. Absolutely superb with own toilets. Met by Maggie, who always makes everyone feel so comfortable. Staff exceptionable, and lunch superb. Great choices, as not everyone wants a Sunday roast! Terrific variable choice from Traditional to Korean influence. Can't wait for next family get together!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dinner time treat.
This place never seems to fail!
The service is always top with the wonderful welcome from Maggie.
The food comes looking like a photo from a magazine and tasting fabulous.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I dine out a lot in this area but had never visited Baraset. Unfortunately didn't read the reviews before I visited and trusted the opinions (admittedly from some time ago) of friends. Visited for Sunday lunch with a friend and I have to agree with other recent reviewers, in that the location, decor and ambience is fine and service acceptable (given that they were busy) particularly from the younger members of staff, who were pleasant and friendly, but a word of greeting and a smile from other senior members would have been welcome.
The food however, was only adequate and therefore expensive at the price. I have enjoyed better at local carverys. Sirloin gristly and veg somewhat underdone even though I do prefer 'al dente'. Sticky toffee pud excellent however!
I would have complained at the time, but it was a first date and I didn't want to make a fuss!
Maybe dinner would be better but don't think I will risk it at the price!
I suspect they are living on their reputation and need to improve to keep it. No, I probably won't visit again.

2  Thank Colin S