Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
HolidayInn.comUS$284
ExpediaUS$284
Trip.comUS$284
Hotels.comUS$284
Agoda.comUS$284
eDreamsUS$284
1,025 results
All reviews fire pit beach house north shore coffee bar ocean view third floor morning coffee resort fee on site restaurant hot tub pool side nice pool mini fridge beach access off season convention center anchor
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

Perfect beach location staffed by wonderful people. We had outstanding views from our second floor double bed room (nicely sized and comfortable, too) and the proximity to the property’s restaurant, area golf and tennis, and Driftwood Bistro was ideal. Further, getting to Historic Jekyll Island and the shops downtown was a lovely scenic and simple drive.

But the physical property cannot get above an Average score without some major work. First, our air conditioner was loud and basically ineffective. Since the windows do not open, it ran constantly. Second, water pressure in the bathroom (shower and toilet) was virtually non-existent. Third, there was about a 2” gap between the our front door’s bottom and the frame. Fourth, the non-opening windows needed a good washing. Fifth, the nice balcony’s floor needed a good sweep and scrubbing. Sixth, the whole decor appears to be stuck in another time, whether intentional or not.

All in all, Holiday Inn Resort was a nice introduction to Jekyll Island, but we will stay elsewhere next year. It cannot possibly be turned around in 12 months. Without a doubt, it has the location and wonderfully kind staff. Now they need an appropriate physical facility.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank InsiemeSempre
Mel Furtado, Other at Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

InsiemeSempre,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had some issues with your accommodation - I hope that we were able to rectify them quickly when you reported them. Don't write us off just yet - I am sorry that you didn't have a typical experience but we would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 1 May 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Holiday Inn Resort. Fantastic view, lovely grounds, beautiful pool w ocean view. Also loved convenience of and food at the next door Beach House restaurant. We were disappointed in the housekeeping. We often had to get clean towels from the front desk and pool towels were not available pool side. Otherwise it was a great spot and we’ll likely visit again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Laura B,

Thank you so much for your review! The staff at the Beach House will be delighted to hear your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 April 2021

Just enjoyed my third or fourth stay at this hotel. Kira was fantastic when I checked in and the gentleman who serves as the front office manager (I didn't catch his name) has an infectiously friendly personality and sense of service. Restaurant was great this time too. If I could change anything, there was kind of an accumulation of litter around the property, but to be fair, it was quite windy and I noticed it in several places along the island's trails as well. Absolutely will be returning.

Room tip: Definitely best to face the ocean
Date of stay: April 2021
Mel Furtado, Other at Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

RakkasanMAJ,

I am so sorry that I missed you on this visit! Thank you so much for sharing your review - Kira will be delighted to know that she hit the mark with the check in experience and William the Front Office Manager will love the fact that in a short space of time, you completely "got" him! I am glad that you had a much better restaurant experience this trip - we always act on our guests feedback to ensure that we are evolving. I am sorry that you found some litter on property, it was a little challenging with the weather to keep on top of trash pickup but we were quick to rectify after the wind subsided. We look forward to welcoming you back again! Thank you so much for your review.

Mel

Reviewed 23 April 2021

The location and view at this hotel is amazing! The physical facility, however, falls short as a "resort" hotel. The rooms need attention and amenities are lacking. There was absolutely no printed material--no TV guide, no hotel information, etc. in our room. The coffee maker was broken. That said, three employees made the visit special. William, at the front desk, and Linda and Diane, at the North Shore, are pure treasures. If we had not had the opportunity to experience their obvious and freely shared Jekyll Island hospitality, the visit to the hotel would have been well below our expectations. I hope that management appreciates their contributions to the overall guest experience.

MA A,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that there were some aspects of your stay that fell short of both of our expectations. I certainly hope that we were able to rectify the issues in a timely manner after you reported them to us. Thank you so much for taking the time to give William, Linda and Diane special mentions - they are certainly great examples of the level of service that we normally deliver. I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future for a more successful stay. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Mel

Reviewed 9 April 2021

My wife and I were looking forward to our stay in Jekyll Island to celebrate our 30th anniversary. I booked an ocean front room for 4 nights during Easter week, April 4-8 and received the welcoming confirmation email for our stay on 4/1/. However after a 5 1/2 hour drive from NC we arrived a Jekyll Island and were told by the manager that our reservation had been canceled (supposedly by us) on March 29th, and that the motel was completely booked. I explained there was no way I had canceled the reservation 6 days before the onset of our400 mile trip and that there was a mistake. The only explanation offered was that the Holiday Inn computer showed a cancellation by a Windows computer on the 29th of March (no email notification). This made no sense. I postulated that it had to be a mistake by Holiday Inn's ITstaff or that someone in IT had canceled my reservation to accommodate others during this busy Easter week. No explanation, no compensation, only told that we could stay in a different room (not our booked room) for two nights and then move to another room at a sister property. This was customer no service! We are done with IHG properties and I am sorry for that as we were frequent visitors to this property in Jekyll Island.

Room tip: Just be aware that a room confirmation may not be a confirmation.
1  Thank Schoolz
Mel Furtado, Other at Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2021

Schoolz,

I apologize that you felt disrespected at your perceived lack of service. As a regular guest of ours whom I have gotten to communicate with before I am saddened that you will not be returning to us. As both IHG and myself explained to you after you spoken to the Front Office Manager on arrival, the history of the reservation shows that it was made by a desktop computer not within the IHG framework on Jan 29th at 0508 and was canceled by a desktop computer not within the IHG framework on March 29th at 22:29.

Your postulations, as previously explained, are simply not possible without access to your IHG account. I am deeply sorry that you were disappointed and felt that nothing was done despite our Front Office Manager going out of his way to try and find accommodation for you on the island for the 4 nights that you wanted. To go on to say that you received no customer service after we moved bookings around over a sold out time frame and displaced other guests in an effort to accommodate you for as many nights as we could at the Resort is extremely frustrating.

To threaten to post a terrible review all over Trip Advisor because you received, in your eyes, no compensation for your situation was very unfair - the hotel was in no position to compensate you as the hotel was not at fault! We did not cancel your reservation and whilst you claim that you did not, someone with access to your IHG Account did. I do not appreciate the attempt to sully and smear our reputation by insinuating that we would cancel your reservation in order to accommodate higher paying guests - the hotel honored the rate that you had reserved your initial room at and the hotel provided you with an upgrade to your room at no additional cost to you. We did not have to do as much as we did but we wanted to try to make your experience the best that it could be under the circumstances - I am sorry that this was still not enough to make up for something that we were not at fault for.

As a valued long term guest, we have always enjoyed hosting you and your wife on previous trips and we very much hope that you will get to the bottom of the mystery of your cancelled reservation. We will be ready to welcome you back whenever you feel ready to return to us.