Nutmeg County(Muvattupuzha)
永安旅遊
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Srikovil residency(Muvattupuzha)
All reviewstapiocaspa treatmentsproperty managertropical oasistea shoptraditional dishesgreat base to exploreoil massagedaily yogavadatraditional dancean auto rickshawthe entire staffchaiboutique hotelchef rajenjoyed daily
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We visit indian summer in last week with my friends.... its such a good place.. we enjoy a lot in their.. its a good place to stay.. their food was so good... such a amazing place... we enjoyed a lot in their..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2017

This was my first trip to India and what an experience! Our hosts Mini and Don are terrific with everything thought of right down to a very well laid out Itinerary - enjoying the cultural highlights such as trips to Fort Kochi, Mannar tea plantation, Folklore Museum, temples, bird sanctuary and the every busy markets but in all that there is plenty of quite time for yoga, a swim (in a huge pool) and reading in the beautifully set out lounges dotted around the Indian Summer House. The staff are amazing and so very helpful and friendly, Rajesh is an amazing chef, Albin the property manager, Vindoo and Riju and our drivers were lovely. The tranquil gardens and meeting Mini's extended family and friends is also a delight. Thank you so much for a wondering experience and look forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: Whichever room you are allocated will be heavenly!I
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2017

On my first trip to India, I recently stayed at The Indian Summer House with my partner for one week. We had the most delightful stay, welcomed with a drink + traditional Jasmine flower lei. The Indian Summer House is an absolute oasis and luxurious home away from home, located in a quiet area of Muvattupuzha, near Cochin. Built over the period of 5 years under the renowned Balinese architect Made Wijaya, it’s easy to see that every inch of the property has been thoughtfully designed, handcrafted, and influenced by both Balinese + local Kerala architectural styles.

We loved being able to explore the local Muvattupuzha area and its temples, Fort Cochin and it’s shops and cafes, kickback on a luxury houseboat cruise and experience the wonderful art of sari shopping. Retreating back to the Indian Summer House at the end of a big day to an awaiting fresh coconut and outdoor garden shower was absolutely magical - a real escape. We enjoyed daily morning yoga, having the entire pool to ourselves and a private traditional dance evening. The food served at the Indian Summer House was the best that we ate on our entire month long holiday in India. The villas + bedding were totally luxurious - all the little luxuries one could need. The Indian Summer House staff were so very hospitable, friendly and attentive to every need. The Chef Raj will ensure the team cater to all of your food requirements and he speaks fluent English. Communication with management was a breeze. Must do - traditional Ayurveda Indian massage at the property's lovely spa. Highly recommend the Indian Summer House as your very first destination when travelling to India, to ease into the Indian way of life. You won’t be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Main villa is amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

India is a chaotic place, that's one of the reasons I love to visit. But at the end of the day you want an oasis to stay where you can retreat and engergise to launch yourself back in. Indian Summer House provided the perfect combination of relaxation and cultural immersion. My group of friends and I alternated one day of relaxing by the pool/having spa treatments/ exploring the local town with getting out and exploring Fort Kochi and cruising on a houseboat in the Kerala backwaters. Our host Don organised every detail and made sure we were well looked after at all times. In the lead up to our stay the communication was excellent and I arrived excited for what was to come. It was even better than I hoped for! Our chef Raj seemed to read our minds to know exactly what food to prepare whether we were feeling adventurous or wanting something familiar. He even came with us on our houseboat to make sure the local staff looked after us. The property itself is amazing! Beautiful architecture and gorgeous landscaped gardens. You can tell that a lot of thought and care has gone into its creation.

If you are looking for the perfect place to relax and a great base to explore Kerala, this is it!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin for Indian Summer House! It was my first trip to India, so I was a little anxious about food/water, time zone change, and general travel even though Don's kind emails and generous information before the trip did help allay quite a few concerns (primarily with all my food allergies and dietary restrictions). That all went out the door the moment I arrived at the resort. I got to the resort at 5am local time, and Chef Raj greeted me with much warmth and friendliness at such a late/early hour before I crashed in my room.

But when I woke up, I was greeted by the immense beauty this property has. Banana trees, expert landscaping, quiet pond, gorgeous architecture. Everything saying that I would totally be taken care of during my visit, and the peacefulness of the area would be just what I needed.

Between Don's thoughtful itinerary of tour ideas and Raj's insanely magical Indian food (that was gluten-free and pepper-free for my allergies) and the friendliness of the entire staff, I was pampered with all things authentic Kerala. My favorite day trip was to Alleppey for a houseboat cruise! Raj came with us and made sure the chef on board would make options for me to eat. This was greatly appreciated since most Indians think "no peppers" mean "low heat" instead of "cannot eat at all."

The rooms have the most comfortable memory foam beds I've ever slept on (sadly I couldn't shrink down the mattress to tiny hand-sized because it was that good I wanted to bring it home with me!) and AC which is a nice retreat from summer temperatures. Cold drinking water is always available around the property, too.

Be sure to ask Chef Raj about fried bananas because these literally became my favorite snack during my stay (and I'm currently missing them something fierce now that I'm back at home)! Also the mint and lemon juice was a brilliant drink right before breakfast.

I didn't want to leave at the end. Indian Summer House was like a sanctuary, a home, and a retreat. It was the perfect gateway to the entire country of India, and I can't wait to come back one day to explore even more. I never did get to see an elephant or a tiger, so a sequel has to happen!

Thanks to everyone at ISH for such a memorable trip! It was life changing and a vacay I'll never forget.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends