Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
US$118
View deal
Hotels.com
ExpediaUS$118
Agoda.comUS$118
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2021

Tried to book a night for my wedding night because we are getting married close by. They refused to book a single night even though they had the room. I had to pay for two nights and when I asked if they could do anything special they just flat out said no. Also, the front desk manager was so rude and insisted that there were no rooms and if I tried to book I would be rejected. When his manager came on the phone she clearly said there was availability they just refused to only book one night. Garbage customer service. Maybe only stay here if you are desperate and want to support profits over people.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarkAnthony Sanders, Other at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2021

Good afternoon 326lauras,

First and foremost, I am so sorry for the experience you described having in your review. I can definitely understand how the level of service you described was seriously lacking; especially for an occasion as significant as your wedding (Congratulations, by the way). I have to admit that I am equally confused, as I am the only male manager at this property, and the situation you are describing never occurred with me. While hotels do sometimes put stay-length restrictions when they are filling up, I have not seen this restriction at our location in quite some time (probably due to my schedule).

I would really love to look further into your experience, but unfortunately, due to the alias used for this website, I am not able to actually view your reservation. If you have a moment, I would love to gain a better understanding of what you experienced, so please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. We pride ourselves on presenting excellent hospitality, so if any of our guests feel as if we failed to deliver in this area, it is something we take seriously.

Either way, we truly thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing our location for your lodging needs.

Best regards,

Mark Anthony Sanders

Reviewed 27 August 2021

We had to make a pit stop since we are driving from Phoenix to South Carolina

I have absolutely nothing to complain about. It's a decent good property.
Extremely comfortable and clean. The room I stayed in comes with a couch. The remote comes with Netflix which I got tricked. It was closed a lot of restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 7 July 2021

we have never been to Duluth, but we came for a wedding.. this hotel was VERY nice EVERYONE working was super friendly.. the GM Donna went out of her way.. to make sure EVERYTHING was perfect.. the front desk staff couldnt of been any nicer, the bistro food was yummy.. loved the patio for the kids to run around on.. sad no pool.. but the fountains are just across the street, cant say enough good... would go bad for sure.. love the location

Room tip: we had bottom floor my husband has bad knees worked perfect for us.. 127 to be exact
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

We booked here due to location with restaurants and shopping and a very reasonable price. That's where the good news ends. We saw wonderful reviews but now can't figure out how this place got them.
We booked a 2 queen bed room. These were not standard queen beds. My boyfriend and I shared one of the beds and we both hung off the sides and our feet over the end. We are only 5'7". Talk about the worst 2 nights ever... no sleep,headaches and taking pain relievers for kinked up muscles. On top of that, we were placed in an ADA room even though we didn't request that. At 12:30am, after driving 6.5hrs, you're not going back to the desk to request a room change. So, we dealt with the shower water all over the bathroom floor after each shower. It was a disaster.
Also, the hallways and parking lot stunk of weed the entire 2 days. I haven't smelled so much pot since our trip to Vegas. Disgusting.
The best part of the experience was checking out this morning... not that we were actually asked how our stay went but that we were leaving.
Never again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MarkAnthony Sanders, Other at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Good morning RebeccacN4216RH,

First and foremost, I'd just like to sincerely apologize for the experience that you described having at our property. I want to reassure you that this all falls well below the standards that we strive to uphold for each and every one of our highly esteemed guests. While I am aware that this past weekend was busier than normal, that is in no way an excuse for any failures in the level of service you and your boyfriend received.

Please understand that while we do strive to hold all of our accessible rooms for those guests who may need them, once we have filled to capacity, we have no other option other than to place a guest in one of these rooms. Whenever this rare circumstance arises, we do encourage the person checking guests to inform the guests so as to prevent any unwelcome surprises. In addition to this, while the layout may have been different, the sizing and comfort of our beds should not have been impacted at all. Finally, all Marriott properties enforce a strict No Smoking policy, and if/when we have the unfortunate experience of a guest who chooses to break that policy, we do everything within our legal power to remove them immediately.

In the end, I am just very disappointed to see that you had such an awful stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can better discuss what happened. In the meantime, I would still like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place. Hopefully, we will somehow have the opportunity to host you again, so you can see that this previous experience you had was an extremely isolated event. Until then, stay safe, and have an absolutely wonderful holiday season!

Best regards,
MarkAnthony

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Check in was easy and clerk was courteous. I like being able to get to my room easily without going through the lobby, especially when I have had a long day on the road! My room was very convenient and very clean. Very comfortable bed.

Date of stay: March 2020