Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Whitney B

Poor customer service and not family friendly

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
My husband and I were very excited to book a room here as a stop on our way to St. Simons. My husband loves bed and breakfasts so we were looking forward to trying this one out!

We were going to book The Lovett Suite online (the only room left) but I noticed on the booking part of their website that the policy says the Page House charges $50 dollars a night for children aged 0-11. It includes breakfast for the next morning, and then an optional $40 additional for a trundle bed. We would have been happy to pay the charge, but our child would not be able to eat the breakfast so I called to ask them if we would be charged the $50 (our son is 2 months old and we would be bringing a pack and play for him, and obviously feed him ourselves).

I was SHOCKED and appalled at how the receptionist that answered the phone responded to me. Based on their written policy in bookings on their website, they accept children 0-11. However, when I asked her if we would need to pay the additional $50 for his “breakfast” she told me that they don’t take infants because they cry and it’s a house and he would “disturb other guests”. When I mentioned the written policy I read before calling, and told her how shocked I was that we would not be welcomed to book with them, she responded in saying they take small children, which apparently doesn’t include my baby. And apparently small children are less disruptive (?) than an infant who sleeps all the time. She then said she didn’t want to argue with me and I should understand because infants cry too much. I realize infants cry, but so do 6 year olds, and middle schoolers for that matter. I mentioned that it seemed very discriminatory that we would not be welcomed to stay there because our son is a certain age, and she again said that he would disturb people. She said they were really booked that weekend and didn’t want other guests to be disturbed by our family. I told her we wouldn’t be staying there so it’s fine, and she said “whatever” and abruptly hung up the phone.

I’m very glad I called to ask as it would have been such a disappointment to spend so much money on a fun place to stay only to experience unwelcome and a lack of hospitality towards our family upon arrival, simply because our child is younger (if they even let us stay when we arrived). I understand establishments having certain limitations on who they can accommodate (though I think that is actually illegal?) and that not all places are welcoming to children. However, if that’s your policy and you’re not actually family friendly, this needs to be stated in your booking policy, as well as on your website very blatantly. “Adults only” or “not family friendly” would be an appropriate categorization for this B and B, as well as less than hospitable and less than elegant customer service, unwelcoming, and rude. (Which I would have known had I read the business’ responses to bad reviews on trip advisor before I looked into booking- very combative, defensive, and accusatory of customers with poor experiences).

Not a fan, and would not recommend staying here based on customer service/dishonest guest policy.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Discriminatory against families even though they say they allow children to stay. Was told our...
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Vio.com
8.9 km from Page House Bed and Breakfast
5.6 km from Page House Bed and Breakfast
View more hotels in Dublin
All reviews georgia peach southern charm first floor gracious southern hospitality delightful experience an amazing dinner beautiful dining room feel right at home we've stayed an overnight stay dublin area definitely stay here again one night stay joann mono suite savannah
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2023

Grand house in a cute town! The beds are lovely, comfortable and welcoming. However, the window coverings inadequately blocked light from the outside making it difficult to sleep. The upstairs rooms were much warmer and nicer than the one we had on the first floor. I assume we were given the bare room because we travel with a service dog.
A decent breakfast is included in the $247 per night price. A bill was presented at the end of breakfast with suggested tip amounts listed based on the entire $247, hmm no.

The Page House is gorgeous and the chef was friendly. There is real potential for a first class B&B.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JoAnn Simms, Owner at Page House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2024

Thank you for taking the time to review our Bed & Breakfast. As you can see we have hundreds of 5 star reviews. In response to your review let me say that first of all we have never had an aggressive service dog . I did not see any documentation which I did request. This is quite concerning. The beautiful King room you stayed in is an ADA compliant room so yes we just have an area rug so that our wheelchair guests can navigate the room easier. It is the Page Suite named for the first owner of the house, Dr. Page and it is beautifully appointed as our guests say. The invoice you received prints from our Square machine and SUGGESTS a tip since we do more than room sales. We do Private dinners, Weddings, Events etc. In your room is an envelop for tips for our housekeeping staff . They noticed you put that envelop in the drawer and did not tip them. We do not require you to tip the staff but it is customary in any hotel to tip housekeeping. By the way, we are a first class Bed & Breakfast ! I assume you did not see our wall of awards. I would suggest you check on your Service dog's aggressive behavior, since that is not normal.

Reviewed 30 October 2023 via mobile

The Page House is a beautiful southern home in the historic district of Dublin, Georgia. We stayed in the room with a balcony overlooking the grounds and neighboring homes. The hosts were very gracious. This is a perfect stop for those who are traveling through Georgia. We were on our way to see the north Georgia mountains. Dublin has an interesting downtown with several good restaurants. The Page House also has a chef who cooks dinner and breakfast. Dublin, Georgia is nicely situated off I-16 and is a great place to stop and enjoy.

Room tip: Go downtown and have dinner or make a reservation at the Page House!
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JoAnn Simms, Owner at Page House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2023

Thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 23 October 2023

JoAnn and Mono were excellent hosts. The moment we pulled up the world seemed so different. When we entered the threshold of the foyer we were greeted by name, we were welcomed in and we were treated like royalty. There is tons of extras I could tell about from the fresh cookies, selection of coffee and hot chocolate to the amazing breakfast that is truly a masterpiece as well as it was savory. The history and the detail to incorporate history into each room was truly a pleasure to experience.

Room tip: Sit back and relax- call a day ahead and to enjoy dinner.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JoAnn Simms, Owner at Page House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2023

Dear Guests, Thank you so much for the rave review! We always strive to make our guests at home in our home.

We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
All the best,
JoAnn

Reviewed 1 September 2023

A lovely meal for two in the parlor for our wedding anniversary.
It was outstanding!! The meal was delicious and decadent. The cheese cake was to die for and a sinful treat with the Port wine chocolate sauce! Our hosts were warm and made us feel like long lost friends. A true five star experience. Can't recommend enough. Treat yourself to a stay and a meal!!

Room tip: Reservations required. Check on monthly events.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JoAnn Simms, Owner at Page House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2023

Dear "friends" Thank you so much for the lovely review. We enjoyed the evening as well. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2023

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay. The staff are very friendly and the chef is outstanding. Be sure to get the "The Georgia Peach" for your breakfast selection.

We went to dinner at Deano's restaurant per their suggestion and it was excellent.

The accommodations are perfect, the room was comfortable and quiet. Everything was just as we hoped.

Date of stay: April 2023