“Lazy, rude, and incompetent staff.”
Review of Taco Mac

Taco Mac
Ranked #49 of 258 Restaurants in Buford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Taco Mac offers the most "Craft on Draft"" with over 100 taps of craft and local brews, casual American fare, like fresh never frozen buffalo wings, and 35+ HD TVs for watching all your favorite sports. Started in 1979 by two friends who found their way from Buffalo, NY to the warmer and sunnier Atlanta, Taco Mac has grown from those humble beginnings to over 25 locations across the Southeast.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't order anything that you haven't brought your own of. Like for example, if you order something that's supposed to have BBQ sauce, bring your own BBQ sauce because they'll just quietly bring it to you without BBQ sauce if they don't have the BBQ sauce. Let me tell you the story.

I had to wait an hour after being seated just to be asked what I'd like to drink. The drink came out without a straw.

I had to wait another half hour to be asked what I'd like to order. I ordered a single item meal that's supposed to come with multiple things, namely two sides and some sauce. I did not special order at all so it was supposed to have the default side of fries and cole slaw.

Not only did it take entirely too long for the food to arrive but neither the cole slaw nor the sauce were brought out to me.

I did not touch the food while I tried to flag the waitress down to ask about the missing items. This took another half hour.

When I inquired about this I was told "oh, we're out of those" in a very rude and dismissive tone.

I asked "you didn't tell me you're out of them when you let me order it, did you know you're out before you let me order it?"

"Yes"

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

The waitress sucked her teeth at me and walked away. I got up and walked out without even touching my food.

As for why I didn't touch the food at all before walking out, when you order something at a restaurant, a legally binding oral contract with the restaurant is made. You order something on the menu, and when it's brought out to you, the value is created. However, it IS a contract. If they don't deliver the food you ordered, you don't have to pay for it.

Now, the sauce in question is frequently paired with what I ordered, namely tartar sauce with fried fish. To me, eating fried fish without tartar sauce is like having just plain dry white toast. It's inedible. It's also NOT what I ordered, and I was NOT informed that they were out of tartar sauce when I ordered it despite the waitress being aware of this fact.

1: I would have ordered something else had I been made aware at the time of ordering, and everything would have been fine.
2: I was not informed of the lack of tartar sauce and cole slaw.
3: I detest dry fried fish, there is no value in it, as such value was not created.

Therefore, I did not even touch the fries because I wasn't going to pay for a meal in which what I ordered was not delivered.

I tried to ask for the manager by name and was informed that he had gone home. By the time the waitress rudely sucked her teeth at me and walked away, the food was already cold, and as such, any value in the meal was further lost.

Since the value ordered was not delivered, I walked out without paying for or eating the food. I went to the Steak and Shake a quarter mile down road on Buford Dr and had myself a burger because by then I was hangry as heck because I'd been dicked around for nearly 2 hours by staff that clearly didn't want me there and could have just refused me service so they could serve a customer they actually wanted money from.

I was not rude and I did not make a scene. I simply got up and walked out.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank I130GDjm
Write a reviewReviews (107)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was told we are an inconvenience and they don't need our business now that football season has started. Waited over an hour for drink orders. Mgr had bad attitude. Service horrible!

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank rhondamU5158EJ
Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

Can’t believe we just tried this Atlanta classic for the first time! The wings, fries, chips & dip and street tacos were amazing! We def. ordered more food than we needed but we loved everything we bought. We opted for the appetizer dip platter with salsa, guac, and queso. So yummy!

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Katie C
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

Went here on business last week and it was great! Good atmosphere! Food was great! Service speed was good. I had the chicken tenders and fries. Quantity met expectations.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank JennaRitter
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

My friend and I were staying in the area and decided to try Taco Mac for lunch. I very much enjoyed the steak quesadilla and the guacamole and pico de gallo that came on the side.

My friend had the Train Wreck Nachos - all the way. The ingredients come in a bowl with tortilla chips, tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and pico de gallo on the side. This prevents the chips from getting soggy, which makes sense. It is a generous portion, and she said it was very good.

The manager came by our table to greet us because our server had informed her it was our first visit. Very nice!

The staff all wore masks, and I only wish more customers had been considerate of others. I visited the restroom and was the only one wearing a mask.

We definitely want to try the wings during another visit.

Date of visit: December 2020