“A taste of the Middle East!”

Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 361 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse
Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
Description: Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is a great restaurant in downtown Winter Park that offers al fresco dining, as well as a lovely indoor space. Service is very good and the food we enjoyed was excellent. It really is a true taste of the Middle East right here in central Florida. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Always liked Turkish meals and was not disappointed with the offerings. Asked for the Mixed Grill and it was filled with a plate of meats, rice, and red cabbage. The flavors of all the ingredients complimented each other was plenty for two people. Service was great with the waitress very attentive on insuring our meal was prepared correctly. Highly recommend for lunch or dinner.

2  Thank Zep_58
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This message is to let you know about my previous 2 dinner experiences with this restaurants.
I was a regular customer for this restaurant but lately I haven’t been getting the good service or the food quality I use to get.
Last Saturday, I had dinner with a friend at the Winter park branch. The appetizer come around 20 minutes after we ordered, which was OK on a busy night, but the entrees came 1 hour after the appetizers. This was really annoying sitting doing nothing waiting for the food, in addition to that the meat was chewy. Even when we decided to complain, we were giving excuses that the kitchen equipments were new, and not functioning well. The bill was over $120 and we were offered free $5 desert which we refused to get. I decided not to go to this branch again.
Last night, I went to Dr. Philip branch, which is closer from my office, and I am always there with no problems. I ordered my regular appetizers and bread, and they were fine, till I got my lamb Shish entree. I ordered it medium well, it came medium rare. I can see all the blood in it. I started eating, but every piece I tried to eat was chewy again and had to put back in the plate. I asked for the check and left. The waitress noticed that my plate was full and asked if I needed a box, but at this point I did’t want to complain or see any Lamb meat or Turkish food any more. My bill was around $60. I Paid $70 and left with no intention to come back again.
I emailed my concerns to management, and never got a reply. Don’t waste your money there.

1  Thank AdamPrada
mdsexter, Owner at Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Mr. Prada -

First of all, thank you for the review and feedback - sincerely. I did reach out to you when I received your email two weeks ago and got no response, so I did not pursue it.

We take all feedback seriously and even though I was unable to be in contact with you directly; I met with both our management teams to share the email and concerns you have expressed.

We did in fact have some equipment issues having to do with the cooking power of some equipment, however I do not feel this was the issue. The server was newer and simply made a series of mistakes regarding the timing of your entire experience, sadly tis will happen at times and we own that as well.

We would love to welcome you back in for a meal that will meet our expectations for your experience if you would allow us to. If you are interested, please feel free to email me at dsexter@smrestaurants.com. Or, send a private message via trip advisor with your address / phone number so we can get you a gift card for that.

Again, our apologies for your subpar experience; as the owner, this is something we take extremely seriously and value all feedback (good and bad) as it's the only true measure of our brand.

All the best,

Doved Sexter, Owner

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I decided last minute to meet a friend here on a Sunday night around 7 pm. I have been here before, weather was great so we sat outside, we ordered the mixed grill for two, more than enough food for the both of us. I really enjoy lamb , it also came with beef and chicken kabobs , great wine list too. Service is always fast and friendly. They do have a good happy hour daily from 3 to 7.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This place provide excellent choices of Kebabs,Naans and Turkish cuisines
Portions are big and cooking healthy