“Love This Place ”

Ranked #4 of 27 Dessert in Winter Park
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Best Bloody Mary Mix in town. Portions are large. Great bread. Well trained staff. The chicken salad is superb. No bad dishes. One of the better chains. Cheesecakes are phenomenal. All of them.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Food we give a generous 2 stars.
Service we give a generous 1 star.
Management we give a VERY generous 1 star.

We have been to this Cheesecake Factory location many times in the past 10+ years and have enjoyed our dining experience. After this incident and the many recent negative reviews, we won't be coming back. Winter Park has too many good restaurants to waste our time, insult our palates, or to spend our hard earned money here.

Last Wednesday (09/13/17) we arrived before the crowd (before 6:00pm). When we were seated we immediately alerted our Server of a time constraint ("we would be okay if we could finish within 70 minutes", not unreasonable at that hour)

Our Server took the order for the four of us immediately. Everything went down hill from there. It was approaching 7:00 and Server advised "it'll be out soon." Two of four dinners came out but our two Specials appeared to get served to another table (that table arrived 20 minutes after us)

We asked to speak with the manager. He said he would check on our issue not expressing much interest in getting the problem solved since he disappeared never to be seen again.

When the last two meals came out we were told that the kitchen ran out of cooked mashed potatoes. (the special) Little did we know that the potatoes would be the reason given for holding up our meals. We gulped down our dinner, paid our check and ended up having to pay for valet parking ($$$) in order to be seated at the theater.

I later came across an article in the LA Times, contact reporter is James F Piltz, he reported that the Cheesecake Factory has had some problems recently.

Cheesecake Factory sales has fallen in the second quarter and the stock has skidded 32% this year.
Given our experience of poor service, poor management skills, overall no regard for the clients needs, no wonder sales are down and the stock is falling. We will not return.

1  Thank 10Julia1010
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We been going to this location since they opened. A frequent, friends & family go to for years. Never again. In fact, never again for this chain. They've lost their mojo and the customer is the loser. If all you want is cheesecake then grab it and run, otherwise the food and service is aiming at new lows.

Needing to be at a special event by 8 PM, we arrived early since reservations were refused us. Got there at 5:45 PM to allow sufficient to time to order, eat and pay check (we needed 1 hour and 15 minutes before we had to be on our way) We were seated immediately, gave our order, and alerted the server that we needed to keep the meal moving. It was nearly 7:00 when SOME of the food came. The rest took another 10 minutes. Rushed our meal and had to leave.

Along the way we spoke to a manager who seemed disinterested in solving any problems. The food (all four plates) turned out mediocre at best. Poor quality for the price actually. We paid the bill, wrote a comment on the check, and left.

Today as I searched for this listing, it didn't come up in the listing or "restaurants" in Winter Park. In fact, I scrolled through 208 listing in Winter Park and it didn't made the cut! Really?

SHAME ON YOU CHEESECAKE FACTORY CORPORATION. You'll continue to attract customers but when mediocre restaurants in the area rank above you, it's obvious that you JUST DON'T CARE!

For my fellow TripAdvisor patrons, take a quick look at the top 20 close to here. They're worth your time and hard earned money.

Just say NO to Cheese Cake Factory.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I go to this location every once and a while. I must say for the most part this restaurant really is very consistent. The food is always good, and service is always good. Only once did I wait longer than I thought I should have and that was on a busy holiday. When we did voice our concerns that day the manager assisted us and tried to make everything right. If you have never been here I would definitely say try it out. They have a huge menu with something for everyone.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Just left this restaurant and my husband and I both felt it was a very poor experience. We arrived at 6 pm and were told they wouldn't sit our party until all of us (8) had arrived, so 3 of us went to the bar and ordered drinks only to have them come and tell us our table was ready (even though our party wasn't all there).

Ordering food took forever (45 min) then another 45-50 min wait to have the food on the table. We had a 2 year old with us so this was a real issue. While waiting for our food, a bus person dropped part of his tray and the plate shattered and splashed ketchup or pasta sauce all over us. We were offered club soda and an apology (no drink or piece of cheese cake or anything for the inconvenience).

The place they sat us was also horrible as it was a main path to and from the kitchen, I got more than one eye roll from servers when my little one got antsy while waiting for the check and we let him walk between family members along the table. As a rule I don't do this, but by this time I did, we were some of the last people in our part of the restaurant so he was not bothering other customers.

I am currently pregnant and only drink water or soda, I asked for ginger ale with cranberry juice. The waitress did not tell me the ginger ale was in a small single serve bottle and not a fountain drink. They also brought me about a 1/4 cup of cranberry juice. The waitress told me she couldn't bring me more without charging me a full drink price?!??!?

When the food did come, they served the baby last and the plate was so hot if he had touched it he would have been burned. The food was just okay. It's American fare and fairly high prices, $17 for 4 steak tacos with about a 1/4 inch square of steak in each taco.

We waited another 45 minutes to order our cheese cake and then 30 for our check. Nearly 3 hours for a meal! Way too long with a 2 year old!

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant, and I won't return again.

1  Thank Jodie F