“Date night ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse and Park Avenue
Description: Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoy the ambiance ...the scene. Who we kidding Park Ave is full of cute bars and the patron are of a certain age and certain scene is set. Well Prato is all age groups literally. The bar scene is the best.
For an actual sit down reservation is a def.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Went for happy hour, Kijuan was my bartender and I believe Dustin. Both recommended a different style of beer ommeggang or something of the sort. Very good! The bar was slammed yet, I noticed that the bar staff still made enough time to genuinely spend enough time and make sure everyone was okay. Their dinner menu is phenomenal and their management does a great job with their staff as they all seem to work together even on the floor, they seemed organized even though I overheard the host say to a table of 6 they were on a 2 hour wait, on a Monday! That says all you need to know. The meatballs were fantastic and the ambiance of the restaurant was well done.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I have been to Prato a few times. I will say that the pizza is AMAZING!! Their salads are seasonal, and so delicious. The food is carefully and skillfully made. They really put a lot of effort in the prep and execution of their dishes. It is hard to recommend a dish because they change the menu, but when I try something new, I generally am happy I did. The menu is complex and some of the dishes seem too "busy" with ingredients. I was not impressed with their tiramisu.
Over all I enjoyed lunch and dessert there. Dinner was very loud and crowded. The wait staff are well trained and friendly, but the host staff are NOT friendly. Definitely recommend making a reservation.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The good food was the saving grace. We choose Prato for a cheese pizza for our daughter. This was rated by TripAdvisor as the #1 pizza/Italian place in Winter Park. I enjoyed the grilled eggplant. My husband enjoyed half orders of two different pasta dishes. We both had glasses of Barolo.

The restaurant was filled with young adults in their 20s and the servers are young as well. The decor is supposed to be rustic. The servers were wearing plaid shirts. It seemed strange to see this "rustic" style in Winter Park but our server said it was because of the "farm-to-table" concept of the restaurant.

The restaurant is small and the long bar takes up a great deal of space in the center.

I can't believe this place is only open for dinner. It is very casual and seems more like a lunch place.

Our order was served as if we were ordering tapas. It was not all brought out together. My daughter was served first, then my plate came, and, last, my husband's food. That was very strange.

If the food were below average, this would be a terrible place, but the food was good. My husband and I enjoyed our selections. Our daughter's cheese pizza, though, was very average. I would not consider this a good pizza restaurant but it was fine if you just want to socialize with drinks and food of any kind on Park Avenue.

An older crowd was down the street at another Italian restaurant, Panullo's. I guess the large bar at Prato is why Prato was filled with only young adults.

1  Thank Julie3679
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Pizza very good. Cheese and meat
plate ok. Lamb pasta ok. Meatballs excellent. Very good service. Good drinks as well