“Fabulous lunch”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse and Park Avenue
Description: Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I am in town once a year to visit family. This was my first visit to Prato. It will not be my last. From the atmosphere to the service to the food, everything about this family lunch was superb.

For appetizers, my sister ordered the soup, whole I ordered the single meatball. The meatball, with all its delicious sauce, comes on a small bed of polenta. That meatball was so good, I could see myself ordering 4 and eating them with the crusty bread and EVOO with balsamic also at the table.

For entrées, we ordered 2 different pizzas (both highly recommended by our knowledgeable server). We ate half of each (a Margarita and a mushroom), and brought the rest home for others to enjoy. The thin, crispy crusts we outstanding, and the toppings impeccable.

We split 1 scoop of richly flavorful blackberry sorbet for dessert.

Whole experience was great. If you want Italian, as well as a restaurant that makes everything from scratch every day, go here.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Dinner started off with an order of the oysters which were absolutely radiant in taste, the watermelon and the acidity was simple refreshingly. The second appetizer was the pretzel calamari, great texture, not oily or greasy and had two sauces...one was creamy and the other was spicy.

For a drink I had the Chianti by the glass with a Caesar and the full Basil Gnocchetti which I split, both were delicious and perfect. The Gnocchetti wasn't overbearing with the basil flavor..honestly I could barely taste it, the tomato sauce didn't coat the pasta but the pasta had just enough flavor.

Dessert, the berry sorbet and a black coffee. The berry sorbet was creamy and so smooth, neither tangy or sour but sweet.
Will return, it was quite warm in the restaurant.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Prato never disappoints. My wife and I dined for lunch. The pork belly sandwich was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. 13 hour braised pork belly crisped up topped with sunny side up egg, grilled scallions, fried shallots and spicy aioli. Simply delicious. The pork loin panini with blackberry mostardo, baby kale and fontina was very good as well. The meatball appetizer is excellent(possibly my wife's favorite). Service is friendly and well paced. The house cocktails are worth it. Always a good experience at Prato

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Amazing take on Italian in a prime Park Ave location. From the pizza which is it to be missed to their unique take on pasta and sides Prato consistently delivers.

To call their pizza simply pizza is calling a Ferrari a car. True but inadequate.

The beautiful simplicity coupled with farm fresh and twists makes Prato a must do.

1  Thank scott s
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Prato combines freshly sourced products with an dynamic atmosphere to deliver amazing food.

The staff was very efficient and our server knew the menu inside and out! Pasta is house made along with most other ingredients and the farm-to-fork ideal is well represented here.

Wine list is extensive with a focus on Italy which blends perfectly with the focus of the food.

High marks all the way around and strongly suggest a visit!