“Excellent lunch at the sidewalk cafe”

Laurel Latin Cuisine
Ranked #130 of 371 Restaurants in Winter Park
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This was actually our second visit to the Laurel. We'd eaten lunch outside about a year and half ago during our visit to Winter Park and enjoyed it so much we went back for a second time just a couple of weeks ago. Service was very good which is amazing given that the sidewalk portion of the restaurant is quite a long way from the inside restaurant. The waiters were constantly running back and forth and did a great job meeting our needs and wishes. Very good Columbian style cuisine, a lot milder than Central American or Mexican, however.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

On our first visit ever to Winter Park we stopped for lunch at a delightful sidewalk cafe. What a great find! We enjoyed tasty Latin dishes served by super-friendly staff. The 'bottomless mimosas' were a big hit, the perfect addition to a leisurely Saturday with family.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Great place to have some Latin Cuisine with great flavor.
Small place with good ambiance, live music on Saturday but be aware it gets a little loud if you are not use to it.
Prices are reasonable for the area however the food is good. (Price range form 12.00 to 30.00)
There is a kids menu as well.
Clean place and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Tiny dining, chatting, people watching, sipping a glass of wine, enjoying a beer or two, making new friends on a laid-back week-end sunny day.....don't miss it...the home made pasta and home made meatballs are terrific !!!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

The food from Laurel was very good and ample. My husband's cousin had a gift coupon and she wanted to try this restaurant. Just to set the tone for you, Winter Park, Fl is very trendy and upscale. Sometimes finding a parking spot can be tricky. Most of the restaurants are a little pricey but usually the food is very good. We really like Winter Park & enjoy going downtown. There were four of us and my cousin placed a go order on a Sunday afternoon. To our surprise we found a parking spot right next to the restaurant building! Laurel is located inside an alcove it is a smaller place but don't let that worry you. I ordered a Cobb salad. It was $12 and it was huge and fresh. It came with Romano lettuce, a full grilled chicken breast, real bacon, onions, tomatoes, cheese. & a balsamic dressing, excellent. My relatives each wanted a Cuban sandwich. I never tried a Cuban sandwich before so I took a little taste. I'm no expert but I thought it was very tasty, quite ample. It was toasted and had lots of roast beef and ham, cheese, mustard and dill pickles. The roast beef was very tender. I'd recommend this restaurant. If you aren't into Latin food don't worry, they have plenty of other things to enjoy. They have a lot of wine but we didn't get drinks as we had a go order. I'd go back again to dine-in. The staff was friendly and the chef came out to chat with my cousin. I think the food was worth the price.