“Superb dinner !”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Went with friends for our annual before Christmas dinner. Got there early to get happy hour prices—nice drinks! The salads were crisp, the bread was warm and crusty, and the entrees were excellently prepared and delicious. My wife had the veal Marsala and I had the Fettuccine Weezie which was a seafood shrimp dish in a delicately creamy sauce. Great service! My new favorite Italian restaurant in Venice.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Nowadays my time is divided equally between Italy and the United States. This offers a big culinary contrast and I normally avoid Italian restaurants when in the USA since they do not usually have much relationship to those in Italy. But we came across this one at the moment when we needed some lunch and we were pleasantly surprised by the experience, even if it had very little to do with Italian cuisine.

The first pleasant surprise was the fact that it was possible to obtain a lunch, the proportions of which were not such as to satisfy a hippopotamus, but instead, an ordinary human being. The second gratifying fact was that the menu did not contain junk food. And, thirdly, the price was modest by American standards.

We took our lunch on barstools at the well stocked bar and ordered a combination menu of soup, salad, and what was known as a "small plate". In my case, I had a "cup" of chicken soup (in fact, a substantial bowl – I was told that the larger portion was gargantuan!), a nice salad and a dish of stuffed mushrooms. My partner had the same menu with different ingredients and was unable to finish it all owing to the more than adequate portions.

The meal which we took included a glass of beer and, with tip, cost $30. Had we not sat at the bar, I think that the prices would have been higher. We were not attracted by the restaurant area which was rather dark and overly air-conditioned.

This restaurant appears to be one of a chain of restaurants under the same name, since I found several others listed in Florida alone. I hope that the other branches of this establishment prove to be equally attractive.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My friend Diane and I dine out together every Wednesday and tonight's destination was Carrabba's in Venice.

We really wanted to order those stuffed PORK CHOPS I had mentioned to her, but they are no longer available. Too bad, because they were really something special! However, our waitress Elise, was nice enough to point out that the POLLO ROSA MARIA was basically the same thing, except we get chicken breasts stuffed instead of the pork chops.

We both decided to try it. AWESOME!!!! Diane ordered the pasta as her side and I chose broccoli.

Rocky, the Wine manager, introduced me to a great new flavor that I never had before, a blend of Cabernet, Merlot, White Zin and one other and now I can't remember (too much of that good wine I guess!!) and that was so good I had to order a bottle. Besides, on Wednesday they give you $10.00 off any bottle of wine, so that was the right time to try this!

Everything was extremely good, food, service and we both enjoyed our wonderful dinner and wine.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT!!!

5  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Carrabba's always delivers good food and good service. Fried cheese sticks, spaghetti with meatballs and chicken soup. MMMMM good.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We were seated at a booth at our request. The server was knowledgable and very quick. The food was well prepared and tasty. My husband had Angel Hair with shrimp and I had Lasagna. I thought it was a little expensive for Italian food but, all in all, we were happy with the atmosphere and the service.

Date of visit: November 2017