“Tried twice”
Review of Metro Diner

Metro Diner
Ranked #61 of 255 Restaurants in Venice
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Had lunch and breakfast. Large portions and waitress good. Pancakes were heavy and very noisy inside.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I've been to this restaurant twice now and both times it was just no what it had been hyped up to be. The first time my food order was not put in with the other members of my party and I did not get it until everyone else was almost finished eating. The manager actually comped my meal, which was very nice of them, and I eventually took most of it home so as not to hold up the rest of my party or the table. I ordered the special of roast beef and mashed potatoes. it was very tasty, but it's also something I can make at home. .Almost all of the food is something you could make at home...which makes it pricey when you consider a meal was around $14 and for that, I could feed the whole family. However, if you're not a cook, and you want "home cooking" then this is the place for you! Everything is cooked to order. The second time I was there, the waitress mixed up, no only our drink orders, but our food orders as well. I grant the place was packed, which is another sign of good eats, but come on...figure out a system,,,there were only two of us. How hard can it be to figure out which one of us had the sweet tea, and which did not. One other issue I have with the diner is the noise level. Don't plan to have a conversation with your party. It is much too loud. Everyone is competing with the kitchen noise, which is an exposed area in the side front of the restaurant. Really? Whose idea was that? Overall, it reminds me of a mini Cracker Barrel. Wholesome food, averaged price, down home cooking. But, if you like that kind of thing, try it. You'll get pretty good food.

1  Thank Shirley M
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Being a new restaurant in town, we waited until the crowds and hype had slowed down a bit before going for breakfast. Service was prompt and friendly. Noticeable was the high noise level. The open kitchen design added banging dish noise to the all ready loud music. My choice of the Huevos Rancheros turned out to be a poor one. Served in a bowl with fried tortilla shells, all of the components, heaped in the middle, soon became an indistinguishable gloopy mess. I will say the crispy fried jalapenos did add a nice touch. We may go back and give dinner a try some time ,but as for breakfast, we have many local choices as good at better prices.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Service was very good, food served fast and hot. I had the best Ruben sandwich I have ever had, husband had a whopping Monte Cristo sandwich very good. Prices were reasonable, comfortable seating in booth. Noise was so annoying hard to enjoy our meal, will go back only when not so busy.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We eagerly awaiting the opening of this restaurant. This store is every bit as good as the others.

The food is really good and so is the service.

A good choice.