“New restaurant, needs several weeks to get kinks out”
Review of Metro Diner

Metro Diner
Ranked #61 of 255 Restaurants in Venice
Reviewed 27 March 2018

People tell you to wait for a new restaurant that has been opened for awhile and we normally do but my wife insisted on giving Metro a try. So we thought we would "sneak" in around 10:10 but we were told it would be a 5-10 minute wait, so we stayed. We were given a table in less than 2 minutes which was a good start. There are many servers as well as trainers training them as well as many bussers etc. all geared to give you a great experience.
The food we had was excellent and service was good with some exceptions. I ordered the western omelet and got some other omelet which I ate, the hashbrowns come with it but were missing, and there was no butter on the table for the toast. They quickly gave us butter and I got my hashbrowns piping hot just off the grill which was nice. Sodas and coffee are $2.29 each.
Overall we were satisfied but obviously they need to get some of the kinks out before they become "normal". The pricing and varied menu will be a hit for this area, because and service was exceptional, could'nt do more for you!!!
The only other drawback and I mentioned this to probably one of the owners is the noise level is a little too high, and he suggested next time to try eating outside which is much quieter. I always ask my wife when we visit a place for the first time if she would come back again and she said yes definitely so this should be a place to go for the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Yo Hala on the Square* On a Brioche Bun.

Two thick slices of brioche bun stuffed
with a mixture of bananas, brown sugar,
cream cheese and hazelnut syrup, prepared
like French toast. Topped with a blueberry
strawberry compote and powdered sugar!
So GOOD no syrup needed!
(Venice Style) Smaller Version of the original
Just as good!

Meatloaf Plate

Our famous meatloaf, mashed red
skinned potatoes and brown gravy
with veggies and a baguette.
Can I just say WoW!

Holy Davoli Burger*

Burger topped with lettuce slaw
(shredded lettuce, chopped pickle
and mayo) in between two grilled
cheese sandwiches stuffed with
American cheese, ripe tomatoes
and our own hickory smoked bacon.
Delicious, is a single word to sum up this burger,
The pickle relish is unique and a bonus. I also added
the garlic aioli to this already perfect burger.

Cheesy Brocoli Soup

This was a delicious cup of Goodness, a must try!

Great location, plenty of parking, Friendly staff, Great atmosphere... We have been in need of a diamond of a restaurant in the Venice Area, Sure there are other good restaurants, and there are some that just need a good polishing, but this Gem will be the new Gold Standard in the area. They real love what they're doing, and it shows in the Quality of the food that is delivered to your table.

My waitress was very knowledgable of the menu items and she did a wonderful job, her name was Rachael.
The Regional Manager is: Shawn CoFounder: John Davoli

The restaurant is nestled on South Tamiami Trail, in the Galleria Plaza.

2  Thank Ice R