“Traditionally good”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We've enjoyed the British Open since they were located on Rt 41 in Venice, and the new location is very nice, and of course the food is delicious.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Stopped in for dinner tonight with my wife. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated right away. Our waitress arrived shortly thereafter and took our drink orders while letting us peruse the menu. After bringing our drinks she asked if we had any questions and helped me to decide on what to order. Wife had the club sandwich & I had the bangers & mash. The portions were large and the food was delicious. My wife said her sandwich was very good & she liked the chips; she's from Scotland. Mine came with 3 large sausages smothered in onions, mashed potatoes, & peas & carrots with brown gravy. I asked for some extra gravy & it was quickly brought to me. The interior of the restaurant is what one would expect a British pub to look like. Are the food & atmosphere what one might find in the U.K.? Perhaps in London or an area catering to Americans. lol The point is the place is different from what most of us are used to and an Americanized take on a pub. I've lived in the U.K. and believe me their version of an American diner or hamburger is not what we know it to be. So go to the British Open Pub, have a Guiness, choose something from the menu that catches your eye, and let your imagination run wild.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

easy to find location, good parking, clean place, not very bright and open but ok, offers some good English food but then i get into the outdoor seating and yes this pertains to those sneaking a dog into the eating area, the dogs are sitting on the chairs (yes their rear ends), eating off customer dishes, and yes on tables, if you like dog hair and this unsanitary condition you will love dining here outdoors and maybe even in doors when some sneaky dog owner brings the dog into the eating area inside. i will pass on going here in the future

1  Thank Stanley H
Kelly O, Owner at British Open Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you actually saw this happening at our pub, please contact me, directly, and let me know more details! We do allow dogs on our patio, but certainly not on a seat, nor eating off plates!! We work to be very vigilant with those customers who try to sneak this behavior as well. We train our entire staff on this, but if you saw something to the contrary, I would like to address it with the individual, immediately! As per the rules posted on our patio and our doggie dining license, dogs are welcome, but are not to touch/use what our customers use- ie chairs, plates, etc... Furthermore, every effort is made to wipe down the area where a dog has been when the guest leaves.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The live music was nice and not too loud. I had the fish and chips (delicious!) and hubby had the steak pie (could have been warmer, but good). We sat at the bar and Bruce was very attentive as our bartender/server. We’d definitely go back again!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

What a quaint and wonderful pub this is! We stopped to have a beer and what a nice surprise! They had great live music, a wonderful server and awesome decor. This will be a go-to stop on our next visit to Venice!