Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews old florida lido key armand's circle easy walk to st lounge chairs beautiful beach shopping and dining great pool up to date motel kitchenette hairdryer poolside mattresses appliances accommodations umbrellas
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2021

Mold, bugs, built up grime, ants, paint and drywall falling apart. Check pics for what I wiped from the tables. ALL for $350 a night. General Manager rude and completely dismissed all. Included proof of stay. Disgusted and appalled so I left, and went to Limetree Beach Resort next door. Check my pictures.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank tonya301240
Thomas Quigley, General Manager at Coquina On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Please see my response above for the review titled "wow". It is the same individual. Well actually the "wow" review is from her children who did not stay here but had to pile on with mom.

Reviewed 26 October 2020

October is the best time of year for Sarasota Sunsets. What an amazing weekend at Coquina. Old Florida vibe, the smell of Smokey brisket, short ribs, and chicken in the air. Add some stone crabs. Magic! Long, sandy beaches, and the most memorial sunset I’ve seen. Bring your bathing suits, your cooler, and a radio - you are in for an amazing show.

Thanks Coquina for an amazing weekend.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank heartsrgn
Thomas Quigley, General Manager at Coquina On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the barbecue area on the beautiful beach. We look forward to having you back soon and will keep the gorgeous sunsets coming!

Reviewed 13 October 2020

I am responding to the 2020 review which is not our experience at all! We have been going to Coquina for more than 20 years. Yes, it is "outdated" some may say but we love it because it is more of a family owned (not big hotel chain). Everyone from the front office to the maintenance people to the cleaning staff to Tom have always been friendly and welcoming to all. The cleaning staff have been with them for years and welcome us back always. Have we had any issues? Of course. We had a water leak and it was fixed within hours of our reporting it. I have never found anyone displaying any prejudice. One year, the beach was being worked on but not something them can control. We have had friends join us. So I had to respond.

Date of stay: January 2020
Thomas Quigley, General Manager at Coquina On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Thank you for the kind words and acknowledgements! We certainly appreciate our return guests and love welcoming all reasonable, respectful, level headed, kind people. We'll keep striving for perfection and working very hard to keep our beautiful "old Florida" hotel going strong. Please come back and see us real soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2020

Perfect place for a solo, couple, or family retreat. The heated pool is surrounded by beautiful palm trees. There are hammocks on the property perfect for reading a book or an afternoon siesta. The rooms have their own kitchen (fridge, oven, microwave) so you don't have to depend on take out or leaving the island of Lido Key. There are grills and picnic tables available for cooking out. The white sand beach is perfect with chairs, umbrellas, and a gazebo provided. This is the only pet friendly hotel on the island. On my last day there, I ran out of poop bags for my dog and the front desk was happy to provide me with more. Everyone I met on the staff were super friendly and happy to help me.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank T7727ZLjayp
Thomas Quigley, General Manager at Coquina On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the awesome beachfront grill area. We look forward to having you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2020

We stayed here in 2018 and loved it. Nice family place amazing beach but this time they are doing beach restoration. They did not let us know when we booked or even we checked in. We got un packed and went to the beach and was heart broken. The room rate is very high to not even have a beach to enjoy. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas Quigley, General Manager at Coquina On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2020

I am sorry to hear that your heart was broken. Unfortunately they do not let us know when the beach renourishment project will be in front of our property, but we are excited to have our beautiful beach back! :) :)