“Fabulous waffles!”

Cousteau's Waffle and Milkshake Bar
Ranked #3 of 45 Dessert in St. Augustine
Reviewed 31 May 2018

One of us got a milkshake and the other a waffle. The milkshake was excellent but the waffle was outstanding! You have a lot of choices for ice cream in St. Augustine and if you have decided to go for it, I would definitely recommend this place. Forget about calories and get a waffle and ice cream and whatever topping you fancy. You won't regret it. They do get busy but the wait is worth it.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

During my recent visit to America's oldest city St. Augustine, my Florida-native sister-in-law insisted we visit this small but welcoming waffle and milkshake shop. Looking around at all the homages to legendary conservationist Jacques Cousteau, I queried one of the clerks whether it was owned by a Cousteau descendant. The clerk informed me that the concept behind the shop actually is inspired by Wes Anderson's "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou," a comedy starring Bill Murray that was itself inspired by the famous ocean explorer. As a fan of all things Wes Anderson, I was tickled that there was W.A. fan out there that would design a snack shop around the movie's theme. Now, onto the food. While we weren't quite hankering for waffles, we were excited to try the shakes. There are numerous varieties but I got the blueberry one, while my nephew got the peanut butter variety and my sister-in-law got the banana flavored shake. Thick and rich and topped with a mound of whipped cream, the shake was delicious. We all sampled each other's shake and I can testify that each was equally delicious and definitely delivered as advertised. Usually this place is packed with tourists but because it was raining and a "school night," it wasn't so crowded, which was nice, as each shake is hand-crafted and takes a few minutes to create. I will definitely have to come back here again to sample the waffles. I strongly recommend the calorie-free (just kidding) shakes! BTW, the shakes vary in price from about $6 up.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Cute little place to sit and enjoy some sweetness. They have fun-named waffle treats and milk shakes. Was greeted with a friendly hello from staff. They were not busy as the weather was rainy. Loved the options of waffle treats and milk shakes. I ordered a waffle that contained maple syrup, candied pecans, and whip cream. It was tasty, but was advertised to have bourbon flavored whip cream, but was noted to have plain whip cream. My daughter ordered a milk shake, she said it was pretty good. She said her whip cream had no flavor at all but the shake itself was mixed really well. The names are catchy and cute. If you are in the area, we recommend to try it out.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

This was the perfect late night treat stop. There isn't much area to eat n the store but the decadent waffles we had were worth it!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This place is heaven on earth. The milkshakes are wonderful and the waffles are perfect. The have really creative milkshakes. My favorite is the Air Kentucky, a butter pecan inspired shake. It’s a great place to get relief from the heat and have a sweet treat.