Review Highlights
Repeat customer and very satisfied!

If you are looking for a personal experience with your family or just you and a buddy this is a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
jcox6
On the fish!!

Great experience. Caught over 100 pounds of Vermillion snapper, trigger fish, white snapper, and 2... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$30.00
from US$67.00
from US$110.00
More Info
All reviews captain dave catching fish snapper trigger fish amberjack great trip king mackerel out of season hooks baited amber jack fish cleaning deck mate brought home deck hand spanish mackerel filet these guys
Reviewed 29 September 2014

My wife and I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to try a fishing charter with Capt David. We are fishing novices and had a lot to learn about how to catch fish instead of feed fish the bait on your hook. :) Capt David and his Dad helped us to figure it out as the morning progressed. We had perfect weather conditions and Capt David is an expert at finding the fish. We caught fish at every stop we made and the time between spots was very short. After arriving at our first spot, we spent most of the time fishing and very little time travelling. At most spots, we had hits on our line within seconds (not minutes) of getting our bait to the bottom. If we were better at fishing, we would have caught a lot more fish. We did catch a lot of fish, including over 15 red snapper that we had to throw back, since they were not in season. I would recommend using larger minnows for live bait if you want to catch the bigger fish, which I will be up for on my next charter with Capt David. Capt David's Dad did a great job of assisting us on board and was really fast at cleaning all the fish for us after the charter. Capt David kept us on the water with continuous fishing and was not in a big rush to get back to the dock. I would definitely recommend going on a charter with Capt David if you want to have fun and catch a lot of fish. If you are a beginner like us, be sure to ask any question you think of and Capt David will be happy to answer it. On our next charter, we will probably take another couple and have twice the amount of fun.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I have went out with several captains all over the east coast. Captain Dave is by far the best one yet. Weather was horrible, but he worked around it and made sure we had a blast. We stayed on the fish the whole time. Caught my first shark, saw 3 sea turtles and brought home a huge cooler full of fish. Glad I found my new fishing charter for our beach vacation. See you next year Captain Dave!

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank booser
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Captain Dave and his first mate Dave were absolutely wonderful. We went out for 5 hours and had a truly amazing time. There was no time we weren't catching fish. If the fishing started to get slow we were moving on to the next hotspot.
They were very professional, courteous, and fun to fish with.
I would highly recommend this fishing charter to anyone.
Thanks for the fishing!!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

As a preamble I should note that I have been fishing since I was a small child and have charter fished extensively all over the southern hemisphere. What I appreciated most about the two trips I took on my recent vacation was the balance between a relaxing day on the water and the commitment to putting us on the fish. I took my son Max who is 13 on both trips and Captain Dave is extremely accommodating and made it fun for us. Needless to say we caught fish, and caught fish, and caught fish. Just a perfect pair of trips and I wanted a third but couldn't make it happen. If you are looking to fish while in the area Capt Dave has my strongest endorsement. Also his dad was on trip 1 and he was an excellent 1st mate / 2nd trip was a different mate but also excellent. Thanks Capt Dave!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Captain David took us fishing last Friday and we caught some great fish including Black Snapper, Amberjack and Grouper. We also caught a large Bull Shark as well which was fun to catch. Capt David and his first mate were great and worked hard to put us on the fish. We have fished on larger charter boats over the years and this was our first time to go out in a center console boat. The boat is in excellent condition and very easy to fish out of, we were able to get out to our fishing spots quickly and move to the other holes as needed very fast. Overall I will rank this as our best fishing trip for numerous reasons including the amount of fish, size of fish, and Captain David's ability to put us on the fish. By the end of the trip we were worn out from fighting fish all day. We will fish again next year with Captain David.