Ways to Experience Walt Disney World Resort
from US$128.00
from US$336.35
from US$299.99
33,416 results
All reviews disney world magic kingdom fast pass happiest place on earth cast members magical place dining plan space mountain per day meal plan park hopper family vacation popular rides splash mountain small world haunted mansion pirates of the caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Advice: if you are arriving early DO NOT PAY FOR PREMIUM PARKING! First thing in the morning, the premium parking ($50) is immediately adjacent the regular parking ($25) and therefore not worth the extra $25.
Take a backpack full of snacks and a refillable water bottle to save money. Food and beverages purchased at the park are expensive. There are water fountains at which to refill your water bottle.
In the Magic Kingdom, depending on how many hours you stay per day, you are paying approximately $10-15 per hour to stand in line for 30, 60 and (on busy days) 90 minutes for a ride that usually lasts less than 5 minutes. Doing this with children, especially small children, is very trying / difficult. ( I recommend not taking any child, under age 5.) In waiting for rides, I felt like a rat being forced to maneuver a very long maze for a small treat at the end.
Many of the rides are essentially the same, only the apparatus in which you ride is different. The rides lift the “elephant”, “flying carpet”, etc up and down as you rotate in a circle.
I felt the Animal Kingdom was a better value and more entertaining and interesting than the Magic Kingdom.
I know, just call me “Grumpy”.

Date of experience: March 2021
8  Thank dfb260
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Walt Disney World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm sorry to hear your visit to Magic Kingdom Park left you feeling a bit disappointed. March happens to be a rather busy time for us while many Guests are visiting during their spring break, and this can result in some longer wait times for our attractions. One of the things I love to do while waiting in some of those longer lines is open up the Play Disney Parks mobile app, which features a lot of unique interactive experiences while you wait. It's a lot of fun and a great way to pass the time.

I am happy to know you had a more enjoyable day at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Each of our Theme Parks is very different, and I think it's safe to say that every Guest has their own favorites or Parks they prefer to spend a little extra time at.

I appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience, and I hope you'll consider coming back again in the future.

Quinn
Disney Social Reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great trip but Disney said it was 35% capacity , no way! I have been coming for the past 30 years and I have seen Disney the same way on Easter break as it was now. The only difference was waiting online to get on a rides instead of fast-pass. I think Disney needs to rethink fast pass and start hiring back some staff to accommodate the crowds.

3  Thank stella1127
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Avoid Disney during COVID! The magic is gone. No fast passes, no shows, no meal plan, hour plus lines, hardly any restaurants open and a lot of shops closed. Workers seem angry and not so Disney. We thought 25% capacity would great then it was raised to 50% before we got there. They closed so many things that everyone was crammed into the same areas. I get they cut the budget, just shouldn’t have gone. Maybe we would have felt better had we not been there before but we know what it’s supposed to be like. The gentleman in the picture sums up our trip. We were told to get on the bus then yelled at and told to “get off” and then it was just confusing from there. It is still clean, but a lot of the “Covid protocols” lack common sense. Like resort hotel closes large pool, so everyone crams in small pool. Some lines you are distanced and some you are not. If you think you will have a chance to get on rides you couldn’t before-think again. No shows, not even in the large outdoor areas, so everyone is on rides.

9  Thank Shannon T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the resort and went to the parks. Bad service everywhere. I felt they were more concern about my mask then if I was enjoying my time there.

Last Disney trip for us.

12  Thank E1058XXjl
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are planning on going to Disney read this first. You may change your mind. I visited Disney March 7th-14th for a wedding. I am easy to please and usually make the best of situations but Disney really screwed up big time this year. In short stay away for now, until covid restrictions are lifted or you will not have a pleasant time.

One issue that happened to my stay was finding something to eat. Did not think that would be an issue at Disney who is always looking to take your money. Let me explain, toward the end of our day me and my girlfriend were looking for dinner cause we were starving after walking around the park and Disney springs the whole day. At every place we visited at Disney Springs we were turned away. They were at “capacity”, “we’re not seating anymore at this point”, “did you reserve 4 months in advance”(people reserve 4 months in advance for rainforest cafe), or just “reservation only” (try’s to make reservations, none available for anytime that day and I tried several days and months out nothing was available). Even quicker service places like B.B Wolfs and Earl of Sandwhich were closed before they were reported to close. In short we searched for 3 hours in Disney springs to get food after already being hungry and we’re turned away from every single place.

Another issue we ran into was 3 days into my stay at Pop Century Resort I was apparently evicted from my room. Basically I tried to get into my room with my band and phone and I was not able to get in. I called the front desk who sent someone out to assist me. When the cast member got there she said that I was never in that room. The only one assigned to that room was my girlfriend. Mind you I’ve gone in and out of that room for 3 days at this point already. I told the cast member this and even called my girlfriend to get her to confirm information about the reservation. Wasn’t allowed in the room. My girlfriend who wasn’t with me had to go to the front desk and 2 hours later was able to get me access to our room again. This also happened to one of our friends who was 2 doors down as well.

Also we attempted to get into Hollywood studios and one of our friends mothers were turned away from entering the park because they said she did not have a ticket. But we had confirmation emails and money out of the account to prove. Still was not allowed. It was his wedding and his mother in-law so he bought another ticket to get her in but was given a hard time because the park was at capacity. After an hour of talking with many different people they let her in but still had to dish out money for an extra ticket.

Another complaint I have is about the masks but not in the way other people are complaining. Disney has a strict mask rule which I have no problem with. But in my experience our whole wedding party went to Hollywood Studios together our last ride was Tower of Terror, big enough to fit us all in one elevator and picture together. Only us in the elevator. Durning the ride our masks came off a bit whether from yelling or falling very fast. In result of our mask coming off Disney refused to give us the picture/video that comes from the ride. We were excited to receive the picture because it was all of us in one picture on one ride wearing our wedding shirts. But Disney magically denied us. Disney happily said sorry can’t release it to you, there’s nothing we can do.

There were many disappointments this year with Disney, I just don’t wanna drag this on any longer than it already is. Also if you didn’t reserve things “4 months in advance” good luck doing anything. Not being able to find food for 3 hours to being evicted from your room, I don’t know what happened with Disney this year but they really dropped the ball. I’m not one to complain but in my opinion my trip was not worth the money we spent and if I were you I would skip out on Disney for 2021.

Date of experience: March 2021