“Great concept”

Black Rock Bar & Grill
Ranked #1,095 of 4,078 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My date suggested we try this place. Im happy she did. The aromas the decor and ambiance was great. Its un upscale sports bar. Many flat screens to catch yhe game.
For an appetizer we had the pretzel bites. It came out with 2 sauces a jalepeno cheese sauce and a garlic queso on a hot rock to keep the sauces bubbly hot. The pretzels cut into bite size pieces for a perfect fondue dipping.
The jack and coke did not taste watered down nice drink.
For entrees i had the special of lamb tenderloin with asparugus and wild rice. The entrees arrived on 755 degree volcanic rocks sizzling and smelling like heaven. My date never liked lamb but tried it and surprised her how good it was. Everything was perfectly seasoned and tasty.
The service was exceptional. Just the right interaction to keep glasses full but not over the top. I wish i lived closer i would be a regular.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My husband heard about this place through a friend so we decided to see why his friend liked it so much. We were amazed at the food, atmosphere and service. Before we went I came here to read the reviews and read a few that weren't so nice about the service so I became cautious.

I ordered the stuffed mushrooms and they were so flavorful. He ordered the steak of course because the steak is what the restaurant is known for. He is a very picky eater by the way but he fell in love at first bite. I had the crab cakes and they were fluffy and filling. We usually find something wrong with food we order when we go out but we couldn't find anything wrong.

I expected slow to no service by some of the reviews here but that was not the case. Our server was attentive and fast. He was the highlight of our night because when he gave us the check I looked for the name of our server so I could give him some recognition for how awesome he was. So when I found it I busted out laughing because we were served by "Buddy The Elf" AKA Stuart. Thank you so much for the laughs. We will be back for sure.

2  Thank CJ0159
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious meal. We got to cook our steaks on a very hot rock apprx 750 degrees. Started off with the pretzel app. It was delicious. Ended our meal with a cookie volcano which the kids thought was awesone and the staff was great.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Resisting this restaurant for a while-thought it was too hyped by everyone. I was wrong. Fair prices, quality food, great ambiance. Can’t wait for football season to start so I can sit at the bar and watch on the giant tv’s while enjoying an amazing meal. Pretzel bites, calamari, turkey burger, steak. All Really good. They also pour my favorite wine, Meiomi. What more could I ask for? Good service, goal achieved. Haven’t tried dessert yet-always too full from dinner. Will try dessert soon. Let’s be this place/don’t miss it.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

One of the best reasonably priced places to in Orlando, with excellent service and quality food. The experience of cooking your own steak, Ahi tuna, scallops, or shrimp on a 755 degree F rock is alot fun. My husband and I visit atleast once a month. The atmosphere is inviting; and the volume of others dining in the restaurant is not too loud. Our go to's are the sirloin and the ahi tuna steaks. The sides that come with the cook your own meals are good in portion size, the baked/ loaded potatoes are the largest sides for these entrees. The pretzel bites fondue appetizer is great to split with 2 or 4 people at the table, the Caprese flatbread is great to split between two. They do have a decent assortment of drinks on their cocktail menu as well. Highly recommend calling ahead on friday nights and saturday nights, as the wait for walk in's can be between 20-30 minutes.