4,089 results
All reviews oasis suite mr chow w insider bliss spa dutch restaurant south beach mega suite living room bar bliss products hospitality suite spg platinum pool area high floor pool staff late checkout ocean view amazing hotel
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stayed at the W for 3 nights in March 2018. When I made the booking months before I requested a room on a high floor. After a lengthy wait to check in we were given a room on Level 3. Whilst the room was large, clean and very nice it was situated directly above the night club which generated huge amount of noise until well after 3am in the morning. Never the less we did not sleep well on our arrival night!! Fortunately for us the night club was closed the next two nights.

The pool area is great and we had a lovely Sunday session there listening to an excellent DJ. The service at the pool area was very good. Efficient and very friendly.

The rooms were spacious and clean and the bathroom was very large. The mini bar selection was huge. The W is located very conveniently on the Beach and close to the major shopping area and restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel, beware of the rooms above the Nightclub.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is NOT above the nightclub!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Biancaprado, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Welcome player13,

Thank you for your rave review. It's our top priority to ensure that your experience is easy, convenient, and limitless, and I'm glad to hear that we surpassed your expectation! I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location, our atmosphere, and our centralized location.

Next time you visit, check out our other on-property restaurant MR CHOW, serving authentic Beijing cuisine. The chicken satay is a favorite!

We can't wait to see you again. Thank you for making W South Beach your first choice when visiting the city.

Bianca.prado@whotels.com

Reviewed 2 May 2018

It was a bucket list hotel to visit in Southbeach. I think what I recalled thinking was this place does charge $1K/ per night when it's busy for a regular room...so it must be good. I would say sure, but only if your goal is to be around a trendy crowd. I think the hotel has a lot going for it: good location, nice interior decor, clean and large rooms, that typical W mystique. But all of that is overshadowed, in particular by service provided by the Wet staff. Front Desk and some of the ladies working the towels were good, but the rest were just subpar. The word that comes to mind is amateur. I understand that this property is on Southbeach and you get that feeling, but waiting 45 minutes for a server to notice me is unacceptable. The staff at the pool bar were aloof, walking around like they were bored. Again, just frustrating that I had to work to get their attention. I'm at a hotel, not a nightclub. Finally, keeping tabs on how long someone has been gone from their lounge chair to free it up for someone else is fine, but don't make it so obvious that you get branded by the guests as the pool cop. This place needs a lot of fine-tuning for a property that is branded as a five star.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a water facing view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Biancaprado, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Welcome MonKam,

First and foremost, thank you for staying at W South Beach, and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your review seriously, and are truly sorry to hear about your experience with our level of our service.

It is our utmost priority to provide out guest with exceptional experiences at W South Beach, and to ensure your escape is limitless. We are deeply saddened that we failed to meet your expectations.

Please feel free to contact me at Bianca.prado@whotels.com should you like to discuss your experience any further.

Bianca.Prado@whotels.com

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Underwhelming experience again. Forever for room service, rooms were full of flies. They snub you and do not answer emails. Would expect a lot more from a W hotel. Especially one of witch tries to impress...

Room Tip: Keep windows closed
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dani C
Biancaprado, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Welcome Dani C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with the Trip Advisor community. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction that you experienced during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the W South Beach service we aim to provide our guests. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we hope to welcome you back to W South Beach.

Please feel free to contact me, should you wish to discuss this matter further. I can be reached at Bianca.prado@whotels.com. I look forward to connecting.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I stayed at the W for two nights while attending a conference. The Hotel is in a great location. Has good dining options and is right in the middle of the South Beach scene. I was very happy with the hotel service and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Amazing property with excellent service. Whether it was the person at the front desk, the concierge, the waitresses at the pool, the valet guys, or the general manager, the service was excellent at all levels!

I did have one small issue with my stay. I was situated directly over the pickup/drop-off area, and they play music 24/7. Unfortunately it prevented me from getting a good night sleep. When I brought this up to the manager he bent over backwards to make me happy. He could have just said "this is Miami Beach, there will be music", and shrugged me off, but instead him and his team handled it like pros. This kind of service ensures that I will keep coming back.

The rest of the property is awesome. The room was great, and was very spacious and clean. There is a great pool with lots of eye candy for both guys and girls. Great pool service, a few bars and restaurants, a club, and direct access to the beach.

Room Tip: Lower floors might be subject to noise late into the night (6am), try to get a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple