“Great Italian with an Italian Marketplace”
Review of ANTONIO'S Maitland

ANTONIO'S Maitland
Reserve with OpenTable
ANTONIO'S Maitland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Maitland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maitland Ave South
Description: ANTONIO'S offers distinctively different dining experiences and one of the finest Italian market; all-in-one place. Upstairs is the RESTAURANT known by all the locals for greater Italian food, delicious fresh seafood, Certified Black Angus beef and daily Chef’s creations. The experience is uplifting and will impress with the blending of old world tradition and modern creativity. Downstairs is the MARKET & CAFE its casual yet modern dining experience, surrounded by one of the finest Italian market. Renown for its multi-awarded pizzas, the CAFE offers rotisserie chicken, appetizer’s, salads, fresh pasta’s, entree’s and daily specialties. with its unique Shop-and-dine concept you can select a bottle of wine from the boutique market and we will cork it at your table. The MARKET offers a selection of fine gourmet food imports, including Regional delicatessen of taste, authentic cold cuts, alpine cheeses, specialty products, and some rare findings.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

One of the best atmosphere restaurants in the area where you can dine on an authentic Italian meal and shop for Italian made and locally made food products.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Tasty foods and fiendly staffs, what more should I ask for? I decided to give this place a try during my stay in FL, and I never regret doing that. Thumbs up!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I went to this restaurant it's amazing the food is incredible the service is great on it reminds me of a little market in Italy downstairs is the best upstairs is a bit overpriced you get the same food upstairs and downstairs I would recommend going downstairs

Les C, General Manager at ANTONIO'S Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are happy to hear that you enjoy our downstairs Market and Cafe. To set the record straight, the menu upstairs shares only 2 items in common. The menu upstairs differs greatly including but not limited to the following;
7 Veal dishes, 3 cuts of Black Angus Steak, Lamb, Short Ribs, Fresh Scallops, Calamari, Clams, Mussels, Shrimp and Fresh white fish.
It is a common misconception that the two restaurants differ in decor only.
A closer inspection of both menus will reveal a significant distinction between the two.

Les

Reviewed 1 January 2018

I have been reviewing restaurants for over 30 years. Long before the advent of social media, the foodies of Central Florida have had conversations about food, presentation, wait staff, ambiance, and overall consumer experience. I have worked in restaurants such as La Belle Verriere, 2013 Dining Hall of Fame, Maison & Jardin, The Top of The World at WDW, The Grand Concourse French Service at the Contemporary Resort and THe Gulf Coast Room private french service dining room. The reason I give you my background is to let you know that I don't take these reviews lightly.

I brought a group to Antonio's on New Year's Eve with people I have spent New Year's Eve with the last 30-40 years. We have companies executives, retired philanthropists and bankers at our table who have been active in the communities of Central Florida for years. I wish I could say I would bring guests here again.

The ambiance and decor of the restaurant are excellent. I appreciated the Christmas trees on both the first floor and the second floor near the elevator. It brought a seasonal cheer to the festivities. When we got to the front desk and told the individual there that we had a reservation we spoke to him of the joy of the night and how great it was to be able to enjoy this special night. He was more interested in getting us seated and on to the next party.

Upon being seated we were greeted by our host for the night, Michael, who did everything in his power to show us a fabulous experience. The menu was set and I chose to modify my selection with a few additions and between Mike and the chef they made everything perfect. The bar is one of the very rare few that can make a real bourbon old fashion and we enjoyed their mixtures and the wine immensely.

The salmon appetizer and the Cesar's salad were very well done. The salmon far exceeded my expectations and the Cesar was better than most back kitchen salads.

My wife doesn't like fish normally but the grouper that was prepared for her was done perfectly. My sirloin strip was done to perfection and the vegetables, which are normally taken for granted, were fresh and full of taste. The filet, ordered by one of my table mates was perfect and the bearnaise sauce with crab was a perfect compliment.

When I go to a fine restaurant I expect to pay for the experience so our bill for the table of seven at $750 - $850 did not surprise me. When we were on our way out we asked the front desk Miatre d' to take a picture of our party by the Christmas tree so that we might share the experience with our friends and to remember the time with those we care about. The owner/manager/Maitre d' said he was very busy but conceded to take a quick picture which was done in haste and as if we were an inconvenience.

So here is my review and the justification for my rating. One star for decor and ambiance. One star for the wait staff and the bar staff. One star for the food which was well done and well served. No stars for the management. No stars for the experience which was ruined by the very people that benefit by the service, food and feeling the customer walks away with by having a great experience.

I am afraid that the ownership and the management have lost sight of the real reason we, the customer, go to high-end restaurants. It is the experience from start to finish. Pushing us out the door so you could turn the table and grab another buck on the next guy minimizes us as customers and shows us that you are all about the number and not a bit about providing us with the experience we are paying for.

I would recommend that you call Jim Flannagan at Christner's Prime Steak & Lobster on Lee Road or Linda's La Cantina which we have gone to for over 40 years or Le Coq Au Vin for French dining. There are many restaurants in the Orlando area that will bend over backward to provide you and your guests with a first-rate experience and not leave you feeling like they did you a favor by serving you and taking your money.

Les C, General Manager at ANTONIO'S Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review. While we are happy to have met your expectations for Food, Service and Ambiance, we are disappointed that you perceived the overall experience below par. That is not our goal, nor is it to rush people out the door so we can seat another table. New Year’s Eve is a very busy night and our staffed worked very hard to please our guests…you included. We try to learn from our reviews and we certainly will make accommodations during holiday times to be better able to help guests with requests for photos and to make them feel appropriately greeted. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

What a delightful dinner! We were seated promptly, once everyone in our party arrived. Our waiter was very friendly and informative regarding the questions we had.
We started with appetizers of stuffed artichoke(two small stuffed artichoke, not what I had envisioned but still very tasty!) and the burrata plate —simply delicious. Entrees where fettuccine alfredo, chicken parmesan, chicken florentine and braised lamb (pictured), which was so delicious and fell right off the bone. We were so content and full after dinner that we didn’t have room for dessert but ordered two desserts “to go”, in which our waiter was happy to pack for us.
The restaurant itself is a little dated with the decor but the service and food were well worth the visit.