“A group of 3. All of us loved what we got.”
Review of Oasis Cuban Cafe

Oasis Cuban Cafe
Ranked #29 of 159 Restaurants in Longwood
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The Lechon Asado was delicious and the Tres Leches was fantastic. Side of plaintains great too. Staff very helpful. It was so good the day we went we scheduled another time to go before leaving town. Please that time too.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Dining in is great, but ordering for pickup it takes too long even when they give you a pick up time, the food is delicious, customer service is good and the décor is very pretty, it makes you feel like you are not in Florida.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Visited the Oasis Cuban Cafe with high hopes of enjoying great Cuban food. Instead was terribly disappointed

The overall first impression of the establishment on the inside was of an old, dreary, drab eatery which was dusty, had missing ceiling tiles and a lack of attention to cleanliness. It essential felt as if this was an old restaurant which had seen better days. In spite of my first inclination to leave, thought I should try the food as perhaps my first impression was wrong.

Drinks:
Ordered a margarita, which was surprisingly very good.

Appetizer:
Had the 'mariquitas" appetizer which should have been crisp plantains. Instead, they were soggy and covered with a heavy oiyl excuse for mojo (a Cuban seasoning).

Dinner:
Ordered the palomillo steak, which was tough and arrived swimming in a bath of heavy oil. The tostones (which are supposed to be crisp, fried, green plantains) were actually soggy and again completely soaked in oil. The white rice, an absolute staple of the Cuban culture, was cold and tasted stale and dry (as if it had been sitting out for a few hours) The salad, which accompanied my entree was fresh and had a very pleasant, tart, house dressing.

Her meal suffered from the same abundance of oiliness which made for a rather unenjoyable dining experience. Even the famed Cuban bread, which accompanied the meal, was soggy as it too was drenched in oil.

As a Cuban who was raised on Cuban food and have dined in many excellent (and not so good) Cuban restaurants, this was without a doubt the worst excuse for Cuban food I've had.

A saving grace: the young lady who served our meal was pleasant and cordial.

1  Thank Eduard_Pineiro
Reviewed 16 February 2017

The restaurant appears to be a family business and it made us feel like we were at a Paladar in Havana. The food was very typical Cuban food and there were other items on the menu for children. All of the locations in the Central American/Caribbean/South American region have their own flavor. This restaurant was definitely Cuban. I had the Lechón Asado and my son had Picadillo Cubano. He had been here before and wanted to take me out for a nice dinner. The food was delicious and they served a good portion. We did have a pitcher of Sangria with the meal and it also was tasty.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Server (I'm sure she's an owner or family of) was friendly and efficient. Sandwich bread was soggy, but otherwise tasty. It's a mom and pop that tries hard. No kid's menu.

Been to Oasis Cuban Cafe? Share your experiences!