“Authentic Cuban Food”
Review of Alex's Cuban Cafe

Alex's Cuban Cafe
Ranked #19 of 153 Restaurants in Longwood
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Went with friends, one of which is Cuban. If you have a chance look up the menu on line. It gives a better description of the individual dishes. The smell, when you walk in is incredible. There was no sampler on the menu, so I chose several appetizers. The tamal and the croquets were incredible. Tried the Pappa Rellena, but there was too much potato for me. Tried both the plaintains, Tostones and maduros. Decided I liked the maduros best. I love garlic, but if you are not a fan ask about your selection. Need to take my family next time.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

When I’m in the area, I love to come here and eat. The service is wonderful, the prices are affordable and they always give you a lot of delicious food. I ordered a breaded beefsteak with tostones, white rice and red beans. I also ordered beef empanadas. They were huge and the beef mixture inside was fantastic.

My server was the owner’s wife and she was very friendly, attentive and courteous. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone! The inside of the restaurant is tropical and they have tables of different sizes and there are chairs at the bar too.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

If you like Cuban food and love reasonable prices u can't miss Alex's. The food is truly from family receipes.
The atmosphere is fun but not fancy. Come as you are to enjoy yourself. Go there 3 times and you'll be treated like a family member. Nothing there is bad from the bistec to the grilled chicken you'll become a regular!!!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing staff & food in town! I love the chicken Catalina! Awesome family atmosphere too. If your looking for a delish Spanish meal try them today!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

A group of us went here for lunch and it was great. I don't care for pork so the white roasted chicken plater was recommended to me and it was great. The chicken had great flavors, and I loved the yellow rice and black beans, and the plantains were so sweet. Everyone at the table really enjoyed their food too. The prices were good too. This place made me like Cuban food.