“It was up in flames”

Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 158 Restaurants in Longwood
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Learning we had the head chef we expected a quality meal. So much for expectations. He was rude in fact rude is too mild. As he cracked the eggs for the rice he said "mommy dont do this to me I will be good" as if they were talking. Next he made fun of the kids name at our table. He then made a turkey with egg yolk and added poop to the drawing. As if that wasn't enough as he flamed the shrimp he yelled "daddy please dont hurt me I will be good"
The food was acceptable not great. My scallops were not cooked well and I have to say we will never go back. I brought the behavior of the chef to the manager and was rudely told that he is the head chef and people love him. Making fun of child abuse is not the best way to get customers to return.

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your recent visit with us. Would you please contact me at Corporate@kobesteakhouseusa.com for more details (check number and date of visit), I would like to address your concern with the management team and make necessary correction for your next visit. Please feel free to "Copy/Paste" your review in order to save time. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Vanessa is so awesome at the bar. Relaxing dinner without the show. Food is great! Will be back to see her!

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The food was great with large portions. The chef was very entertaining and the service was wonderful.

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Watch your bill they over charged my credit card by $20 dollars even though the bill was $70 total. Discussed with manager and asked if the extra $20 was a mandatory tip for just 2 people eating and she said no its there system said we need to tip on top of that...they would not take the $20 off even though we showed her proof of an $20 over charge.
They steal from you don't go there.

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review! I'm sorry that you were disappointed during your recent visit with us. Would you please contact me at Corporate@kobesteakhouseusa.com for more details, I would like to address your concern with the store manager and make necessary correction for your next visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Kobe rocks for birthdays and staff happy hours, be sure to check on the HH times. The white sauce should be outlawed. Get a drink at the bar and some happy hour sushi. Your night will be fun and tasty

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018