Calypso Cay Resort
Expedia
  • Pool
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Parkway International Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmaria teresaputt putt coursebirthday weekendrci membersa wonderful vacationfull size washer and dryerhot breakfastspecial thankspools were cleantwo bedroom villadisney springsscreened in porchbasketball courtgreat resortpull out couchdisney propertyholiday inn
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Room was very clean, spacious and nice. Only problem was we had to get to bed early that night as we had to get up a 3am to go to an event. Our room was the closest room to the pool which plays loud dj music until 9pm and stay open later than that. We talked to a manager and wouldn’t move us to a room further away from the pool unless we paid a $55 cleaning fee even though we had spent less than 5 mins in the room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Troy P
CalypsoCayDOS, Director of Sales at Calypso Cay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Troy-Thank you for your review - it brings us great pleasure to know that you loved your villa at Calypso Cay Resort. Most everyone always wants to be poolside, I am sorry that your villa was poolside and you did not want it and we could not move you. I certainly hope that you will choose Calypso Cay Resort again in the future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back. :-)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We reserved a there bedroom suite to accommodate 12 people in our family, 5 adults and 7 children. At check in we were told the resort doesn't have suites that can accommodate 12. I pulled out the confirmation that showed a three bedroom unit with three baths that accommodates 12. They put us in one room to wait while they figured out what to do. they later told us they had another suite that could accommodate all but only 2 bathrooms. We had to pack it all up and move to the new unit.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank TJMichalski
CalypsoCayDOS, Director of Sales at Calypso Cay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello TJMichalski-Thank you for your review and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. We have your reservation information have contacted the agency that booked your reservation to ensure that the agency updates their records of how many guests each villa accommodates. We are delighted that we were able to accommodate all your guests and appreciate your patience while we were able to do this. We certainly hope that you all had a most enjoyable vacation and made wonderful memories together. We hope that you will choose Calypso Cay Resort in the future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back. Thank you again! :-)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice 2 bedroom unit, however the dishwasher did not work. Didn't find that until check out as running the dishwasher was requested before checking out. The pool area and many play areas were very clean, well organized as well as the pool bar & grill. There are 3 pools, a hot tub, and splash pad for kids. Food there, both breakfast and lunch, were mediocre but adequate for a pool bar. TV programming and Wifi were great. I am thinking that families may come for the weekend (as oppose to the entire week like us). Because come Friday night, there was more noise upstairs and children literally running, playing and screaming outside until midnight, although quite time is 10 p.m.

As we were checking out at 10 a.m. the next morning anyways, we simply finished our packing, called the front desk and checked out. The security, as per the front desk person, patrols constantly and walks all floors......they were NOT doing a very good job as one did not have to be in the building at all to hear or see these kids raising cain outside.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryce F
CalypsoCayDOS, Director of Sales at Calypso Cay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Bryce-Thank you for writing your review - we appreciate you taking the time to do so. So nice to hear that you enjoyed your week stay with us at Calypso Cay Resort. Glad you were able to partake in all our amenities and get some relax time at your home away from home vacation. Yes, it is quieter during the week than the weekends...everyone likes to take weekend get-a-ways and our Resort is perfect for families to enjoy and then get back to the routine of work and school. We apologize for the dishwasher - I was able to locate your reservation so I will check to make sure maintenance was made aware so we can ensure it is in wonderful working condition. Thank you again Bryce and we look forward to welcoming you back to Calypso Cay Resort in the future. :-)

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I would recommend this resort very much, it was very nice and there is much to do for children.The rooms very very nice an clean. I stayed there whits my family and we were all for happy. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Hi jutegerman-Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are all so excited to know how "very happy" you were with your stay here at Calypso Cay Resort. We all make a tremendous effort each day to provide the best of everything because we know it's important. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Calypso Cay Resort again soon! :-)

Reviewed 13 April 2018

So I will start by saying some of the good points: the units are spacious, a good amount of chairs around the 3 pools is good, having good hot water when you need to settle a migraine is also important. The location of the resort is also good with Disney close by and lots of restaurants and shopping too but finding check-in is confusing compared to where the hotel part is located.
Now the not so good. I arrived at 10am after not sleeping all night because of an early morning flight in Buffalo. They told me people were just checking out so it would be some time before my room was ready. Ok, I get it. I explained I would grab breakfast somewhere and probably sleep in my car somewhere. I completed everything for check-in but never got a call. At 3:40pm and trying to sleep in my car rental I finally went back to the check-in counter and my room keys were ready and waiting...but no phone call to let me know ahead of time. My room was fairly clean but tired in spots and the location of the tv in the living room is ridiculous as it doesn't even face the couch. The first mug I pulled out of the cabinet was dirty, there was only 1 large plate (even though the 1 bdrm unit could host 4 guests) and other basics were missing as I found out during the week. The toilet paper is almost as bad as what they had in East Germany back in the communist days and poorly stocked. The bed was horrible. Hence the migraine I got while I was there. Not only did it squeak when you moved like a hospital bed, it was super firm but if I tried to roll over towards a side, I almost rolled off the bed because there was such a slope to it. I love having a kitchen whenever I travel so I can make some food in the room and maybe heat up leftovers. Well I had left over deep dish pizza from Giordano's (which is amazing by the way - a true Chicago restaurant) but I had to buy a dish to heat up the pizza in the oven as there was nothing in the kitchen that I could use. I don't think there was some sort of food lifter. I had to try and use tongs to pick up an ooey gooey slight of cheese filled deep dish pizza. Kind of ridiculous for a so called stocked kitchen. Also the parking kind of sucks for the building I was staying at and had to park by a different hotel and walk through our interconnected parking lots. The pools also looked bigger online (can't swim laps that's for sure). Oh, and because there was a connecting door to the neighbouring unit, it was super loud when they were loud. I really wanted to bang on that door but it's not their fault that the soundproofing is non existent. The people above me sounded like they were constantly moving furniture around...like all the time.
I know this is a timeshare resort so I'm disappointed about how the staff handles things, the tiredness and lacking items of the room. If the resort had planned activities they were poorly communicated as I had no idea what was going on. I wish I could have stayed at my own time share resort just down the road but it was a last minute getaway. I'm glad I didn't go on a timeshare presentation as they were constantly escorting people around...but I am curious what that room would look like compared to what I stayed in.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Misty1973

Hi Misty1973. Thank you for your detailed review. We take every review to heart so that we may correct what needs to be corrected so that on your next visit we may exceed your expectations along with all the other guests that enter our doors. I would like to be able to look further into your reservation. If you can email me at bdurling@calypsocay.com that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Misty! :-)