“Horrible service horrible food”

Marathon Grill and Ale House
Ranked #17 of 75 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great food and fun. We offer full service restaurant and bar. Featuring over 100 craft beers and our very own Ale House cocktails. Daily lunch and dinner specials.
Reviewed 20 August 2021

I went to this restaurant and ordered a Philly cheesesteak. The food was served with a roach inside and not only the food was horrible and overcooked but the whole staff was arguing and made my whole experience horrible.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (813)

Reviewed 11 August 2021

This is the first time that I have felt discrimination at the Florida keys for being Hispanic. I have lived in Miami since I was 8 years old and we have been coming to Marathon for years. For the couple of years now, we would stop at Marathon ALE house for their French onion Soup. So we came to eat today and the hostess wanted to seat us at a booth that seated 4, my husband asked her if we could sit at a regular table that also seated 4. The hostesses replied by saying no, that the regular tables were saved for larger parties. At the time my husband pointed out that the restaurant was empty and she said ok you can sit there. She turned around and walked into the kitchen, then comes out with a big heavy guy who stood by our tables, she tells us that we have to move to the bar area and that we can not sit at a regular table. The big heavy guy stood by our table with his arms crossed like trying to intimidate us. So at this point, I wasn't going to pay money to eat in this place. So I told my husband "let's go eat somewhere else", and just like that they let us walk out, no manager ever came to see us to ask us what was the issue, or why we were upset, nothing. I felt like they wanted to make ver uncomfortable for us to leave. I would have never imagen something of this nature would happen to us at this place..So, as long as I am coming to the keys , Marathon ALE House is dead to me. We left and went to eat at S.S. Wreck, where we were not discriminated and treated with great customer service and dignity. We even asked them to sit us at a different table and they said " no problem" . I may be Hispanic, but I am a U.S citizen and I pay my taxes every year and have been since I was 16 years of age.I deserve to be treated with respect and dignity

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Plenty of food choices which are all tasty. Made two visits during our trip. A big plus is that it’s open late. Friendly staff as well.

Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

What a wonderful choice, my wife and I together with our kids, decided to visit Marathon grill and Ale’s for Dinner, sat very fast, rapid service, food was amazing, beer’s cold, kids very happy and full

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 26 June 2021 via mobile

Food was really good. Hubs had sausage parm and said it was delicious. Kids had pizza & chicken tenders and both were good. Pizza was good quality pizza with fresh ingredients and very flavorful.

Date of visit: June 2021