Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.comUS$293
Trip.com
1,289 results
All reviews key west dock master hot tub sombrero beach large pool watch the sunset fish marathon key marina grounds property keys boat hurricane hammocks florida gulf
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ms Katelynn help us out so much I really appreciate her a lot she makes it’s so easy for me banner bay is the best So I advise you to visit. We are doing work at the local hospital and it’s always a pleasure staying at Banana Bay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Christopher S, General Manager at Banana Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the great review. I am glad to see you had such a great time with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Katelyn! We cannot wait to welcome you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Banana Bay is amazing! We originally booked a room at a different resort who oversold so we decided to try this place out. I am SO GLAD we did. First of all the beds are BEYOND COMFORT. Best sleep I've gotten in a hotel ever. The front desk staff is great, the property is beautiful and has small stoney paths that take you around beautiful plants and trees. The beach they have is very small but the water is great and its very shallow and great for kids. Our room was very clean, after reading reviews about this place I went through the room with a white glove before bringing my belongings up. But everything was perfect.

1  Thank W6831QItomw

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the great review. I am glad to see you had such a great time with us. We cannot wait to welcome you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

The hotel is poorly kept. Restaurants are closed and resort is very dirty. The hallways and doors have not been cleaned for months. The rooms are filthy. I had to spray Lysol all over the room. This is unacceptable. I will never stay at this property ever again. There are many other choices in Marathon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Christopher S, General Manager at Banana Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Good afternoon Juifruit,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I do want to apologize for the concerns you have brought to our attention. I can assure you that all rooms are cleaned, and sanitized with a hospital grade electrostatic sprayer prior to your arrival. We also do not promote a restaurant on property so I do want to apologize again if you felt misled in any way. We try to offer as many amenities as possible to our guests to ensure a great time here. I do hope you give us another chance in the future, next time you are in the keys. Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed 25 April 2021

Stayed here from Monday til Friday. Arrived late on Monday evening and check in was pretty smooth. Woke up early Tuesday morning and took a look around the property, it was not much to see. Grounds could use a lot of maintenance and updating. Was looking forward to relaxing at the pool and enjoying some drinks, only to find out the bar was not open during the week. They do have an outside bar area near the water, but also has very limited hours and didn't seem very friendly when we stopped by Thursday night (only open a few nights).
Room was clean and comfortable, but was nothing special for the money. Very small fridge in room, but could really use a microwave too.
Not a lot do in Marathon, maybe a place to stay on the way to Key West.

Room tip: Marina view was nice, direct water view
Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Geom379,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I want to apologize for the fact that you did not seem to have the best time here at Banana Bay. Our bars are currently only open Thursday - Sunday but we plan to re-open 7 days a week very soon as COVID is slowing down. As for our property, we pride ourselves in the "Keysie" vibe which is more of an oasis than what you would probably think as a fine lined resort. I do thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again next time you are passing through to Key West.

Reviewed 24 April 2021

We booked 3 rooms. The floors and bathrooms were filthy. There was soap scum all over the shower and there were no shelves to hold shampoo or soap. One room smelled of mold. One room had a toss pillow that was all chewed up. There is no housekeeping, so the dirty laundry stayed in the hallway the entire time we were there. The ice machine didn't work and the clerk at the front desk said it has been broken a long time and they do not intend to have it repaired. Tough luck if you wanted ice. The inside of the coffee make was rusty with little particles floating in it, so we didn't make coffee. The entire outside property needs a good cleaning, also. There are so many places to stay in this area, there is no reason to stay in a dirty place like this.

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Kelsey,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I want to apologize for everything you have brought up in your review. We do try our hardest to make sure all guests are completely satisfied prior to departure and it looks like here, we completely let you down. I truly apologize for the fact that you did not have the stay in which you should have. I hope you give us another chance in the future to make it right. Thank you again and safe travels.