4 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$339
Trip.comUS$371
ExpediaUS$339
TripadvisorUS$339
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
1,911 results
All reviews hampton inn key west pool area sea wall lazy days restaurant free shuttle the general manager lounge chairs shuttle service palm trees outdoor bar dive shop plenty of chairs nice pool one bedroom suite ocean view tiki hut
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

Deloris at the front desk was very helpful! She gave us plenty of tips of what to do on the island and in key west. She made sure that we enjoyed every minute of our stay. I will definitely book at this resort again, not only for the gorgeous view from our suite but for the customer service that was provided! Give this woman a raise please!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lauren Clevenger, General Manager at Amara Cay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello from Islamorada KamG220,

I thank you for the positive feedback and personal mention of Dolores! She is a valued member of our Front Desk team, and I am pleased she was able to leave a lasting impression during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary at the resort. The resort was very nice, beach was groomed every morning and you never felt crowded. Our highlight of our trip was the bartender Abner at the Tiki bar. He treated us very well over the 5 days we stayed. He also arranged for our fresh catch of muttent
snapper to be cooked for us at the resort. We will definitely be back. Highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings from Islamorada Tina!

Thank you for choosing Amara Cay to celebrate your special day and congratulations on 15 years! I am thrilled that Abner provided exceptional service and created lasting memories. We appreciate the recommendation for future guests, and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 16 February 2021

There were some positives about Amara Cay. The view was beautiful from our room, the pool was warm, the pool chairs were spaced Covid friendly apart, and parking was free! Bonus. There were also lots of negatives. The bar inside was closed which was a bummer, but okay, it’s still a pandemic. But the waitress/hostess in the morning for breakfast (Natalie, I believe) was down right rude to us every single day. I’m a former server in my younger years, so I know it’s hard but day after day she acted like we were a royal pain. I watch multiple people simply leave. The resort also requires guests to wear wrist bands. That is fine, but it isn’t fine to then watch giant family after giant family come in from the parking lot gate (no wrist bands) and plant themselves down in the pool chairs and take over the pool. Literally every day we saw locals coming in and using the pool. They weren’t quiet and peaceful. They were rowdy and annoying. No one from Amara Cay said a word. It was chaos in that pool. We heard them talking about being local and not staying there. We paid a lot to stay there. This was annoying. Also - they advertise in room dining from 11:00-9:00. But they really only do in room dining if they feel like it. If it’s after 8 pm don’t count on getting anything and they’ll rudely make us some reason why they can’t do it. Will I ever go back? No. Would I recommend it to a friend? No. Was it okay for a last minute, quick few days? Sure.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Greetings AshleyeX6594LE,

I am saddened to read that your stay was less than 5-stars. We appreciate and welcome our friendly locals to enjoy our Restaurant and Tiki bar, while reserving the pool, beach and watersports amenities for resort guests. I am very sorry this negatively impacted your stay and assure you I will be sharing with the team. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

We came as a group of 4 and were greeted with crabby service staff, no room servicing, and an air conditioner that sounded more like an airplane. This wasn’t the worst part though, the resort pool is apparently “open” to anyone that buys something from the bar. So each day people without wristbands strolled in with strollers, coolers, loud kids, and no wristbands with no regard for other guests. It was disturbing to be paying what we were for our time there to essentially have it be treated like a public pool. I would not recommend the resort, especially during a pandemic when being around just the registered hotel guests is risky, much less the townies.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Good afternoon serickson07,

I genuinely appreciate your feedback, as we reserve our pool, beach, and watersports amenities for registered resort guests only. Because of feedback such as this, we will be sure to closely monitor and correct any instances of non-registered guests utilizing these reserved spaces. I apologize for the negative impact this had on your stay and will be sharing your review with our Management team.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

We arrived today for our 40th anniversary week. When we checked in Niska and the staff welcomed us and made us feel like we were the only two checking in.

Niska was awesome and took great care of our book in.

So for day one we give the Amara Cay and Niska a 100% thank you to launching our next 40 years together on a great start.

jl5686,

Your feedback just made my day! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful occasion with Amara Cay. I am pleased Niska was able to provide a warm and memorable welcome. Wishing you both a happy anniversary - and many more to come!