Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$50.00
from US$70.00
from US$30.00
More Info
All reviews paddle boarding kayak tour sea cucumbers queen conch salt ponds double kayak great kayaking hurricane hole sea life fish nurse sharks mangrove trees great guide laid back two hours a lot of fun hour trip
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had never been paddle boarding before. Lazy Dog was friendly and helpful and laid back. We got to try open water, mangrove tunnels and small channels. We saw all kinds of ocean life-huge fish, little fish, iguanas, pelicans, small jelly fish... fun time and a good price!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went on the 2 hour mangrove tour and had a blast! Our guide Bethany was very knowledgeable, willing to stop and answer questions and show us all of the hidden gems of key west! We both would recommend this tour to anyone of all ages and abilities!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The wife and I had talked about kayaking before leaving The Villages for Key West (her home town). But, the weather was projected to be ugly for the whole weekend. It rained for the whole 8 hour drive south, but the following morning was gorgeous. After consulting Yelp, Trip Advisor & our hosts, we called Lazy Dog. Sure glad we did...

When the title of the company is Lazy Dog, and reviews talk about dogs, we thought this group is for us. We be dog lovers ya know.

Brian & his sidekick, Kaimana, picked us up at The Andrews Inn and delivered us to their location. The conversation with Brian on the way was very friendly & Kaimana added ambience to the trip. The fun was already beginning before we even got there. Kudos to Brian and his pal.

Once at Lazy Dog, we were greeted, signed releases and were introduced to our guide Payton & her furry companion Willow. The wife and I both like “ride on top” kayaks, and they accommodated us. There were plenty of both styles available. A quick lesson to the novice kayakers and we were on our way.

Payton was outstanding in keeping us together, showing us the creatures of The Keys. We saw a lot including a huge Iguana, a starfish, sea cucumber, jellyfish, and even a huge manatee. Willow kept a watch on us as we traveled the waterway. It was awesome.

This tight group of people really enjoy their work and it shows. From launching us, to dragging us out of the water, they work as a team. Everyone seemed happy to be there and were great hosts. Brian even mentioned that he has the best boss and it shows. She even encourages them to bring their dogs to work, and have them along on tours. For those who love dogs, this is the tour for you. For those who dont, this is still awesome as the dogs arent intrusive.

I guarantee you, we will be back, and bring friends! Great job Lazy Dog...

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My mom and I had a blast paddle boarding. However, I wish we knew ahead of time that the paddle board tour was along side the kayaks. It was a little hard to keep up in spots with more of a current. Still totally worth it.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went on the 2 hour kayak eco tour with Lazy Dog, and being that neither of us have ever stepped foot in a kayak before it was a great tour for beginners. Our instructor gave clear instructions and helped out whenever we needed it. We stopped often to see some of the plants and animals both in the ocean and even the ones in the sky. We saw a few nurse sharks and even the most beautiful spotted eagle ray. Our instructors passes around the little creatures he finds on the bottom of the ocean so we got to handle a star fish, sea cucumber, non-stinging jelly fish, sponges, and even a queen conch! Some of our group saw a manatee feeding with her baby, unfortunately we missed it :(

Overall the tour was really great. We launched right from hurricane hole so there was no van ride or boat ride out to a different location taking up time. They’re even dog friendly! We had a little springer spaniel on one of the kayaks with us, he was loving it.

Next time we’re back in the keys we’ll definitely be sticking with Lazy Dog for our water sport needs.

Date of experience: April 2018