Expedia
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2021

I recently visited Gainesville on business and also because of the Gator Nationals yearly event, so we figured we would take advantage of the opportunity to handle business and enjoy one of the biggest weekends in Gainesville outside of the Florida Gators football off season. We figured everybody would be booked because of the racing event, and a lot of hotels were, however we called the days inn university on s.w. 13th street and they had availability at a great price under a $100.00 dollars. I was skeptical as to why they weren't sold out and had rooms so cheap. I called and spoke to a gentleman name clarence who set my reservation over the phone and assured me this was a nice clean and safe place with security and 24 our video surveillance. When we arrived the place was nice lit up with subway basically in the same parking lot , it was a block away from steak and shakes hospital and uf campus, and the veterans hospital, a shelter bus picks you up from the parking lot. Staff and the rooms are very accommodating as for what we were looking for.if I am in Gainesville again I would definitely stay at the University days inn in Gainesville.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2019

Threadbare room appointments, pool out of order (for months) no light bulbs in room lamps, very disappointed. Door lock repeatedly malfunctioned. The place was a ghost town. Almost no guests, no restaurant, no amenities.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2019

I arrived late at night and the guest keycards were not working, so was placed in a room that had not yet undergone renovation, and the staff thought the guest card might work. The card did not work. This room was concerningly unhygenic. The room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, the carpet was sticky, most of the lights in the room did not work, the fixtures were grimy, and on finding a large yellow stain in the center of the sheets on the bed, I requested a different room. I was immediately moved to a recently renovated room, which was pleasant and clean. I stayed there for 6 nights without further incident. The lobby and courtyard were both rather grimy, and the complementary breakfast was not worth the time, with a poor selection of packaged, stale preserved baked goods and watery coffee. I suspect this was a very cute hotel a few decades ago, but is in dire need of renovation completion. All together this hotel was not up to the standard of other Days Inns I have stayed at, but the staff were very pleasant and accommodating.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2019

We arrived and the property looked like it was not taken care of. We were assigned a room and it was so nasty. Went back to the front desk and they gave us another room which was nasty caused it had not been cleaned the either. Front desk staff was rude. Still waiting on my refund.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2019

dirty, broken lamps, cheapest breakfast offerings possible. they put me in a smoker's room first. tv didn' t work although they fixed it. NO HOT WATER! the list goes on! DO NOT STAY HERE EVER IF YOU ARE TRAVELING TO GAINESVILLE!

Date of stay: March 2019