“best cuban sandwich around”

Lo Mejor Del Mundo Cuban Cafe
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Fern Park
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 9 November 2017

do not pass this place up. the ladies there go out of their way to put real good food on your plate, best cuban around

Reviewed 18 October 2016

No kidding... at least in this small part of the World, "Lo Mejor Del Mundo" is the best Cuban food I can recommend being a native Cuban, I KNOW what Cuban food should taste like and they really do make "everything" the BEST. Espresso, Cuban sandwiches, stuffed potatoe ball, roasted chicken, YUCCA, ham croquettes, quesitos, flan and budin, it's just ALL GOOD, especially their homemade chicken soup, when we get sick we were just buying it by the family size!

It's a real value when they serve a hefty portion size and the best thing is they serve it nice and HOT, not tepid and luke warm. They could improve in having a better mojito and I'm not talking about the alcoholic drink... They are VERY consistent, I go there a lot and I have never seen their food burnt or under cooked, it's a little under the salt side which WE prefer being is GOOD for those watching their salt in take but those of you that can enjoy it more by just adding a little more salt for taste... And the cuban toasted buttered bread is a winner too...

The only thing bad about them or better said bad for US, is they close by 5pm and they're closed on Sundays. All I can sincerely say is don't miss out on "Lo Mejor del Mundo" because you'll miss out on "The Best in the World"!

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, you will not be disappointed in this family style Cuban restaurant. The atmosphere is simple yet the food is authentic! The breakfast sandwiches are certainly enough for two; platters and lunch specials never disappoint. The COFFEE is outstanding! Be prepared to find a line ... but the wait is well worth it!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We visited Lo Mejor Cuban cafe for lunch on a Friday. The restaurant has counter service and enough tables for about 30 people. I had a few items a la carte. I had black bean soup, which was quite good, an empenada, which was also good, and a mango milkshake, which was awesome. I also had some read bean soup that a friend got with her order and did not want. It was actually better than the black bean soup. One of the other people had a Cuban sandwich. She said it was very good. For a quick lunch, this is definitely a good place to go!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

WOW! We discovered this little place over in Fern Park close to the CFE Credit Union and around the corner from Sam's Club. First of all, the place is so popular, it is always busy, especially during the noon hour. If you go between 1 and 2:30, you can find a table and the wait is not long. Everything I've tried here is awesome but hubby and I go for the cuban sandwich. We try to split but they are so good, we end up eating the whole one. I could describe many of their items but will just say, everything is homemade and wonderful. The flan and bread pudding are amazing...don't leave with out some! The staff is friendly and the place is clean. The prices are awesome and a great value. Don't miss this hidden gem!