“Doesn't get much worse. Can I rate it any lower?”
Review of Plaza Travel Inn

Plaza Travel Inn
Plaza Travel Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Clewiston
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Planned to stay 2 nights at plaza travel inn at Clewiston Florida. Only stayed one night. Got there fairly late, my boss checked us in to two rooms, his looked OK, but mine was filthy, and had obviously not been cleaned since the last people were there. 1 bed had burn holes in the blanket, and obvious black (grease?) Stains as well. Other bed looked clean till I pulled back the covers and saw a long black hair on the pillow, and obvious signs that somebody had slept in it. I tried to sleep in the bed with the burn holes, but after getting in bed, found that somebody had blown their bloody nose on the edge of the sheet. Disgusting! So I chose the obviously slept in bed with the extra hair. The rest of the room wasn't much better. Obvious dirt in the corners, furniture really beat up, windows dirty, carpet not vacuumed. There was a big stain near the nightstand that looked like somebody threw up and tried to clean it up with bleach? AC wasnt cooling very well the next day. So, on the second day I talked to the maint guy around noon, he said that he would be back in an hour to fix things, and that the cleaning lady had already left. He never came back, so around 4 I went to the front desk, and ask them about getting things cleaned, sheets changed at the very least, and AC checked. Was told that they would send the maint guy to look at the AC. I asked for a different room, and was told "oh, were booked full tonight" which I knew wasn't true as the night before the parking lot was mostly empty. When I got to the room, he was there, walked in, felt AC, said "it's fine" and started to leave. I asked about the sheets, and he said "the cleaning lady is gone, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow. I told him that wasn't OK with me, and he said "sorry bro." I showed him the bloody snot on the one bed sheet, and he said rudely"that wasn't there yesterday, I cleaned this room myself."

I had a nice stay at a different hotel in town the second night. Go anywhere but plaza travel inn.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Ben P
gwendysuethurman, Guest Relations Manager at Plaza Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Thank you for sharing your stay with us and we are sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We will address your concerns with staff and management as this is not acceptable to us and we truly Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Nice place to stay in clewiston fishing was great,bar right around the corner,friendly people around quickly night service.the price was a great deal,very clean room flat screen showed clear a lot of channel Spanish restaurant near by cant complain

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Chris D

Glad you enjoyed our awesome property and you were able to get in some fishing. we thank you for sharing your 4 star review and so glad you loved our clean,comfortable rooms and we were just what you needed.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

As a guide here in the winter I stay here for several months at a time. They really cater to people with boats. Plenty of parking, electric outlets and great ice machine. The staff will jump through hoops for people ask them and consider it done! The price is very reasonable and will continue to stay here throughout the coming years.

Room Tip: 104,103,102,101 with a boat
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick N
gwendysuethurman, Guest Relations Manager at Plaza Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Thank you for sharing your stay wit us we are so very pleased you choose to stay with us time and time again. We are elated that our staff is friendly and professional and willing to jump through hoops for you, this is what we strive for. Thanks again.

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

Clean place will go back again when I'm in the clewiston area,good price,clean room bath painted fresh big flat screen tv coffee Clean very great place will go back again if the the area Nice location quiet in the night,clean ice machine great ppl

Stayed: December 2015
2  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

If it weren't for the very pleasant staff who seem to address any request with alacrity I would give a lower mark. The amenities are there and the surfaces are clean but I went to pull up a blind only to find that there was more dust on the window ledge than had accumulated in a day or too. Add lack of cleanliness to the general tired appearance I regret that I could not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple