“WOW!”

Bantam Chef
Ranked #1 of 3 Quick Bites in Bunnell
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 23 February 2021

A friend mentioned that the Fish Sandwich at the Bantam Chef was "to die for," so my husband and I did a rare thing (for these days anyhow!) - we went to the Bantam Chef yesterday for their famous Fish Sandwich and it was outstanding!! Huge, I mean really huge, amount of delicious fried fish that they somehow actually got into a large bun. Finally had to get a fork to eat most of the fish beause it was so big that I couldn't pick it up to eat. If you want a "WOW" fried fish experience, this is the place to go! Outdoor picnic tables that were nicely cleaned too!! No indoor dining.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed 14 February 2021

I'm not big on fish sandwiches...well, not this one! Got the dinner and I have enough for another meal. What a great sandwich! It also has other seafood. They have burgers too. If you are going north or south on US 1 in Bunnell FL and you want a meal this is a place to stop.

Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

As always it is a great lunch. The fish sandwich is as the prior reviews state big and tasty. Our daughter had a hot dog and fires-she ate it. It’s a hot dog for a picky kid so I’m happy. I had the shrimp and fish platter. Fried perfectly light seasoning in the batter. The coleslaw was chilled and the hush puppies crunchy. It is a lot of food so be prepared for a lot of food.

Reviewed 29 October 2020

Had the awesome fish sandwich that they are famous for. The sandwich is huge and certainly more than enough for two. There are also many other choices including burgers and shrimp baskets. Order at the window and eat on the numerous picnic tables or take out. Will teturn!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 14 October 2020

Best fish sandwich we've ever had, cheese tater tots are a family favorite, and the shrimp dinner is fantastic. It's a walk-up window with outdoor picnic seating. They do take credit/debit cards. While we go there for the fish sandwich their pork tenderloin sandwich is terrific too. During Covid we have not been going though because none of the staff is wearing masks.

Date of visit: September 2020