“Disappointing”

Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Military Trail Between Palmetto Park rd. and Glades rd.
Description: What began in Chicago in 1978 is now one of the most award-winning steakhouses around. For over 30 years, Morton's The Steakhouse has been on a mission to provide "The Best Steak… Anywhere." Focusing on quality, consistency and genuine hospitality, Morton's seeks to provide not only memorable cuisine, but a memorable experience. With fresh, succulent seafood and famed USDA prime-aged steak, it's no surprise that Morton's has thrilled diners all over the world. For a glimpse of a higher standard of steakhouse, come see the legendary Morton's experience for yourself.
Reviewed 28 February 2021

First visit to this restaurant. Located in Boca Raton.

The food was good however much of the rest of the experience was poor at best.

5 diners, 3 delayed so we waited at our table.

Everything seemed to take a long time to arrive. Service was very slow. Food did not come together. Had to remind the Waiting Staff what was missing. Then there was the bug that appeared in the glass of drinking water, I guess it was just thirsty. When pointed out to the Waiting Staff there did not appear, outwardly at least, to be very much concern. Perhaps I just read the situation wrong.

My wife had dined in a Mortons Steakhouse (Palm Beach?) previously and said it was excellent, although it was a number of years ago.

In addition, it was quite clear there was not 6 feet between tables, at least not ours and the tables in front or behind.

Would we go back? No, we wouldnt rush back. There are many more places to try. On that basis, perhaps this was an oppprtunity missed to retain clients?

The $500 experience could have been much much better.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (237)

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

Plenty of parking. Great server. David is his name. Thank you David! There were four of us. Two got steaks, the bone in Rib Eye. Wow!!! Two got the Crab Legs. Also quite good. I’ve had there steak before and knew it was excellent so I wanted to try something different. The crab legs were slit open and easy to remove the meat. Not served hot enough for me but the taste was excellent. I didn’t send it back because we were with our grandkids and I didn’t want to embarrass them. I’d definitely go again. I like my steak Charred on the outside and medium on the inside. We get a side of onions and mushrooms for the steak. And we had the corn side. All very good. Of course, also very expensive but some of the best steak I’ve ever had. Because it’s part of Landry’s we were able to accumulate points for our rewards. I love getting stuff free. Landry’s has a lot of different restaurants, so that’s fun. The bourbon old-fashioned is really good. And my grandson, who is 22, had the State St., Manhattan. He said it was excellent. We ate outside because of Covid. The inside of the restaurant was beautiful. I can’t wait until we feel safe enough to eat inside again. But we are of the age. So we are being careful. I would highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank HarvestHill10
Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

Unfortunately our meal was less than average our waiter was friendly and informative but even that can not excuse a bad strip steak and poorly made mashed potatoes and the only reason for mash is because they no longer offer their signature hash browns and no Soufflé are you kidding the reason we come is for a quality steak and the steak house sides that are signature for Morton’s such a huge disappointment with all the steak houses out there we will never return.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 1 August 2020 via mobile

Excellent dinner. We got the surf and turf special. So yummy and our server Daniel did sn outstanding job. So carefully done in this trying Covid time. Outside. Perfect. Thank you

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank leelee222
Reviewed 5 March 2020

I had never been to Morton's and always heard it was very good. I think they are not as good as Chops Lobster Bar or Abe & Louie's. The Caesar salad was very average. The ribeye was cooked perfectly and it was very tender but lacked taste. The lyonnaise potatoes were very very good. The service was okay but we waited a very long time for our steaks and we commented to ourselves that maybe that had to go to the cow! Overall, I would not go back to Morton's-for their prices, the food, especially the steak should have been tastier.

Date of visit: March 2020