All reviews club level hotel restaurant parking garage is rooms are spacious great rate living area coffee maker per day stayed one night hotel staff indoor pool basil downtown desk microwave linens sink
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I am loathe to give negative reviews, but this is a hotel to avoid. Cleanliness is sorely lacking. It is badly in need of renovation. And, disturbingly, cigarette smoke was drifting into my room from elsewhere on the floor.
Appropriate rating would probably be 1 and 1/2 stars.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Jerry R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Jon,

Thanks for your candid review of our hotel. I apologize that another guest was breaking our non-smoking policy during your stay.

I have noted your comments on the cleanliness of your suite and I have met with our housekeeping leader. I want to ensure that cleanliness is not an issue for any other guest.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

So I was checked in and got abandoned there for a week... The staff was friendly and helpful... And I had the best time around... Thanks Guys...

I had a special mix non alcoholic cocktail made just for me...

Love Cass
Pretoria, South Africa

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Jerry R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Cass,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Our team is glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will give a special acknowledgement to our Mixologists on your behalf. If you are back in the US again, we hope that you'll make our hotel your choice for lodging accommodations!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

First let me start off with the hold they put on your card for "incidentals", $200. Which i have stayed at many many hotel including other Sheraton's, and the hold normally falls off a day later.

Now i not going to trash the place because of an issue, but i going to just going to talk about my issue. Me and my wife stay there for two nights, we both are smokers and even at our own home we don't smoke inside of the house. We was falsely accused of smoking in the room, and the hold was not released from my card. We start calling to see why the hold was still there, we was told it will take an extra day because of the holiday. We call back a day later and was suppose to receive call back, okay so we called them back and this is when things got out of hand. We was told that we was smoking in the room and that they had pictures from there investigation. Now there investigation consisted of an empty cigarette pack in the trash and the candles and inscent that was left in the room. No butts no ashes from cigarettes. How ever i was told that they did not allow burning of candles at the hotel, but there is not a policy or rule to support this. SO I WOULD NOT STAY HERE EVER.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Jerry R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

spruiell,

Thanks for your candid comments. We are looking into your comments internally. We have a very pointed policy with regard to smoking at all of our Marriott/Starwood branded hotels.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Spent the night here last fall and enjoyed our stay. The room was very spacious - over 200 square feet and the bed was very comfortable.
Refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms are perfect when you just want to crash after a full day of marketing or antiquing. Complimentary wireless in all the rooms as well as the public areas is the way life should be in a hotel.
An in-house restaurant and an elegant bar/lounge will keep you fed and hydrated with some lovely adult beverages. With an indoor pool and a fitness center, you might not want to leave. If you do, there’s a complimentary shuttle bus for nearby destinations.

Stayed: August 2016
Jerry R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

TravelWriterDB,

Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and for sharing with other travelers your experience. As you noted, there are many things to do in Wilmington, and we think that our hotel is the perfect place to based and sleep while in our city.

We hope that your travels continue to be fruitful, and we thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 5 February 2017

You'll be treated to the warmth of the staff the moment you walk in. Right from the folks at the front desk, to housekeeping, and the restaurant to the hotel management. Everyone is great! It's hands down been the only reason why I spent an entire year living out of this hotel.

Love the large rooms. Enough space to use this place as an apartment. I did!

The facilities, unfortunately, are old. Wish the owners upgraded the facilities. The room design could be better. The plug points are awkwardly placed. The shuttle, a new addition to the hotel, is not as available as we'd like it to be.

All in all, it's one of my favourite places to live in Wilmington. I did spend over 200 nights at this hotel! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

JAnderton,

Thank you for you honest and candid review of our hotel. I want to thank you on behalf of our entire team for your kind words regarding the level of service that our hotel provides. We pride ourselves on being Wilmington's Favorite Hotel due to our service. We are working through renovation plans, however, there is nothing definitive to report currently.

I wanted to let you know that we recently added additional plugs/outlets/usb hubs at all of our night stands and work desks to assist our travelers with being able to easily access power.

Thank you for your unwavering support. We appreciate it and stand ready to welcome you with a smile every time you stay.

Best wishes from our entire hotel team!