All reviews cookies double tree front desk concord pike doubletree by hilton room was clean nice hotel the hotel staff business trip convenient location hotel room enjoyed my stay nice stay wilmington area longwood gardens mall wedding
Reviewed 7 September 2016

The management staff is wonderful. I encountered a problem with checkout, I received a phone call from the manager..... she was very pleasant and apologized for the staff giving me the wrong information on their policy. I will stay again at this location in the future, room was clean and bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel many times. It has recently been renovated and there has been a big improvement in the public areas. Rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is in a good location with a shopping mall and many restaurants nearby. Decent breakfast with friendly service.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 36Brewster
Reviewed 1 September 2016

This hotel have VERY clean rooms. Normally I've stayed at other hotels and the room are musty, smoky or just don't look clean. Same with the bathrooms, there's usually holes, mold or pealing paint. Here, there was none of those issues! The staff are exceptionally friendly and greet you every time you enter the lobby. They want to make sure you are comfortable and happy. I really enjoyed my stay! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The room was clean and the housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful. My issues come in with one employee in particular, Joe who works the front desk. Upon arriving after a 6 hour drive (for a family funeral too), Joe joked with us that there were no rooms left and we'd have to sleep in the lobby. I understand this was a joke, so I just let it go. He continued to joke and be sarcastic with answering all of my questions. I had my 80 year old mother and two teenagers with me and I was not in the mood. Then, he didn't make note that I had paid for the breakfast package. In the morning, my mom and children were waiting for breakfast and I had to go get help because Joe had never put us on the list.

After this, our room only had 3 bath towels. I had to call the front desk and Joe again answered. When I requested another towel, he responded "No". Then he laughed. Then he continued to joke. This was getting very old. On a positive note, the housekeeping staff that brought our towel was very nice and kind. Other front desk staff were kind and treated us the way we felt we should have been treated.

We did make use of the pool area and the pool was large and great for us to unwind. There was also a hot tub but the jets barely made any bubbles so that wasn't so great.

Overall, the rooms are nice, the pool is nice, but the customer service skills of one key employee need addressed.

Room Tip: Ensure you are aware which elevator to take to your room - different elevators take you to different areas of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Nice hotel for the price we paid. Restaurant was good and Patrick (one of the bartenders) was very friendly. We were disappointed when they closed the bar at 11pm on a Saturday night even though their sign said they would be open until 1am. Hope that management either changes their sign or makes the personnel stay and work.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family