“Good food and service but music was deafening”

Shrimpy's Bar and Grill
Ranked #89 of 208 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pianist played all through our dinner. The volume was deafening and made conversation next to impossible. Waitress had difficulty hearing us and had to bend down to each individual diner. Call ahead to check on the entertainment unless you already have hearing loss.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed 19 March 2021

First time there, this is a hidden jem, food was delicious, beer was cold, drinks were perfect, cantbwait to go back

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 7 March 2021

I'm originally from Baton Rouge so my seafood standards are pretty high and I can say the closest restaurant that would have equal Seafood is several hundred miles away I don't know how they do it but the shrimp tasted like it was caught yesterday. My family and I had a great time and even chatted with the owner a little bit. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 31 August 2020

Came here to celebrate friend's birthday. The staff went the extra mile to seat us separately in a remote area where we also have direct view of the stage (performers). We felt completely safe here.

The food was great. The fried avocado generated a lot of discussions. It was many people's first time to have avocado prepared this way. Their calamari was also very popular.

For entree, due to the hour, I wanted to eat sensibly and so I ordered seafood quesadilla. It was cut into three equal pieces. After the appetizer, I was almost full and only had one piece of the quesadilla and brought the other two home for lunch next day. Perfect.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 21 July 2020

My friends have eaten here and told me about how safe they felt dining indoors and so finally I agreed to come here.

The setup was indeed good. The tables were separated to distance the patrons and some larger tables even were surrounded by outdoor tents to ensure safety. I felt good.

For appetizers, we shared firecracker shrimp (fried and breaded shrimp in schiraca mayo), calamari and fried avocado. While my friend's favorite was fried avocado, my favorite was firecracker shrimp.

For entree, I ordered a crab cake sandwich and split with a friend who ordered the baby wedge. Both were amazing! With every bite of the crab cake, you can smell the ocean and the baby wedge had blue cheese and dressing on it. It was heavenly.

Wonderful food. Great experience. Five stars experience!

Date of visit: July 2020