“A place for everyone”

The Brick Restaurant & Tavern - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Effective 8/1, the onsite restaurant came under new ownership as The Counting House on the Circle, LLC.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We recently got a puppy, named, Louie, and have adopted him into our family of 5 (including myself, husband, and 3 kids ages 2-9). I decided to plan a mini vacation to Delaware, and found a hotel in Georgetown. During my research, I found this restaurant, and thought it was worth a try. Parking was not ideal, but because we got in on a Thursday evening, parking was open at a certain time. My husband parked at a 30 min. parking spot so I can go in and ask if they were 1. dog friendly and 2. serve us outside with a family of 5 (6 including Louie), After the hostess went to ask, her supervisor/manager came and talked to me and they were more than willing to serve us. They even got a high chair for our 2-yr old and water bowl for Louie. They also brought out treats for our older kids to give to puppy. Although the prices were a bit more than what we expected to pay, the quality of service and food was well worth us dining there. Also, the view of the fountain added to our great night. As we finished up, we asked our server about local events going on that evening, and she went out of her way to find out for us. Warning! If you decide to eat outside, remember the bug spray! Otherwise, this was a great find! I just wish I remembered to take a photo...maybe next time!

1  Thank TheaMae
Lynn-Owner, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

We are so glad that you found us! One of my favorite things in the world is seeing guests dining on our front porch ... despite the flies which can sometimes be obnoxious little pests! Glad you enjoyed, and that your experience with us was perhaps even a little more than you anticipated.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t ate out locally lately but had a wonderful meal on the porch tonight. I had the salmon and hubby had the NY strip steak. Service was excellent, wine was superb Definitely will go again

Lynn-Owner, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

So glad that you enjoyed. Come back and see us soon!!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I was surprised by friends with a small informal thank you luncheon at The Brick. I had never been before but will definitely be back. The atmosphere, the menu, the service and the meal were all excellent, not to mention that prices were very reasonable as well.

Lynn-Owner, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

So glad that you enjoyed, and we will look forward to seeing you again!!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

There are not a lot of choices for dinner in Georgetown, so the Brick is good compared to other choices. Food is not bad. Martinis are just okay, and the ravioli was good, but lacked flavor. The short rib was really good. Service was good.

TheBrick, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

I am sorry to hear that you weren't over-the-top happy with your food and service, as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations. I am hopeful that my server recognized your so-so satisfaction and addressed it with you. Regardless, thanks for taking the time to post your review -- each and everyone is helpful!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We stopped in for lunch at The Brick Restaurant. It's located in a historic hotel and has a quaint, colonial type atmosphere. While the hostess showed us to our table, she seemed to get annoyed (with us?) when I requested that the window table be cleaned before seating. My wife enjoyed the salmon lunch plate and my burger was average. There was a small selection of craft beers but the house white wine was good and inexpensive.

1  Thank FamilyVisitor30
TheBrick, Owner at The Brick Restaurant & Tavern - UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for joining us, and I am glad to hear that you generally enjoyed your visit with us. When a guest requests a specific table, we happily do everything we can to accommodate the request, even when it means delaying the guest's seating until their preferred table is cleared. I do apologize if Carolyn came across anything other than delighted to accommodate your request, as anything less than over-the-top customer service is not typical and should not be expected at The Brick. Thanks for making me aware that on the day of your visit, we may have fallen short of that.