“Amanda our server was amazing!”

Dakota of Rocky Hill
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Dakota Restaurant in Rocky Hill. Take a step into an era of rich traditions with an intriguing mix of history — Adirondack mountain lodge, the Old West, the Rockies, and the Great Plains. Our reputation is built on quality, consistency, service, and value. Our steaks are served juicy, hot and sizzling; the fish and seafood are ocean fresh; the extensive salad bar features locally grown produce; the Swedish homemade bread is hearty, and the mud pie is irresistible. Whether you’re looking to come in for a casual lunch or dinner, our award-winning​ Saturday and Sunday Brunch, to watch a game in our tavern, or host a special event in one of our private dining rooms, we’ve got you covered.
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Our server Amanda over in the bar area was absolutely amazing all night long. She was attentive and took care of a dish that was not really hot in the matter of minutes. She is very good at what she does. The food was average to slightly above maybe. The clam chowder was good as were the short rib spring rolls. The pork chop was only average though. My wife got the salmon which she liked. Portions at this place are large!

Date of visit: October 2018
Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Thank you for your business! We're glad we lived up to your expectations.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I met a friend for lunch here as it was a good in between location for both of us and am I glad we selected Dakota!

Our server couldn't be nicer and the food was great. I had the crab cake sandwich and my friend had the salad bar. I walked up to the salad bar with her to check it out and it was spotlessly clean and tons of items to chose from

The decor feels like your in a Vermont lodge, its a warm and comfortable atmosphere. I noticed several fireplaces in various dining areas so this would be a super choice during the winter as I plan to come back to have a glass of wine and sit by the warm fireplace

There is plenty of parking and Dakota is located right off 91 so definitely stop here if you are traveling through and want a nice place to eat and relax

Prices were very moderate and good size portions

Date of visit: September 2018
Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank you for the thorough review, New England Traveler. Our salad bar never seems to disappoint! We are so glad you stopped by and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

They have a fantastic bunch on Saturday and Sunday. Food is delicious and the variety is excellent. Mother's day, father's day, birthday or just don't feel like cooking, Dakota's is a wonderful dining experience.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you so much, you really have left us nothing more to add except that reservations are recommended, especially on Sundays and holidays. Holiday brunch reservations can only be done via phone. Saturday and Sunday brunch can normally be reserved through our website or via phone as well. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I went after work on a Friday and was seated right away. I had the Dakota Trio, an appetizer, and it was a nice portion. Teriyaki steak (cubes), mesquite chicken, & Gulf shrimp. It comes with two sauces. I added the salad bar & it was actually like having a dinner. My dinner was flavorful & light. I recommend this option to others.

Date of visit: September 2018
Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, Doris!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I would suggest making reservations on the weekends or the wait could be long. The Sunday brunch is delicious and plentiful! The variety is great and everything is very nicely presented. Even the kids loved it!

Date of visit: June 2018

Yes, reservations are helpful, especially on Sundays. Saturday brunch is usually not as busy. Thank you for the review!