“The good and bad”
Review of Rio Salado

Rio Salado
Ranked #32 of 92 Restaurants in Mystic
Description: ~ Modern Mexican fare and libations ~Good drinks + great food + better friends::: Vacation vibes on the CT coast :::
Reviewed 28 June 2022

The food at this restaurant is great ! The decor is great! The service is HORRIBLE!
The seating is primarily a banquette with seats along walls so you have others fairly close. We were seated in the bar and it was very annoying because the waiter would stand with his back to our table but almost touching it talking multiple times to the people at the next table. There was less than 3 inches between his back and our table. I assume he knew the people at the next table because he spent a large amount of time multiple times standing in between the tables as if they were not close enough. However, we still enjoyed our meal and planned to come back.

We came back the next day for lunch and we were seated. There were at my estimation only 2 waitstaff for the two patios and the dining room.
After we were seated it would have been nice if waitstaff had at least acknowledged us but they did not! After 15 minutes of being ignored we walked out as I know the patrons at the next table would have also done if they had not started their order.

This is a great restaurant. We loved it. The food was fresh and it seems like a scratch kitchen. After our first visit I even called my friend coming to Mystic two days later and told her she needed to visit.

I know it's hard to get help these days but really this place needs to get its act together and if necessary get the bussers trained to wait tables or something because it has the potential to go either way. It is part of the group that owns the Jealous Monk and Taquerio. There must be a way to share servers and train them to at least acknowledge guests within five minutes of their being seated.

Date of visit: June 2022
2  Thank GaryW18
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed 28 March 2022

Food is outstanding and service is the best ever! We love this wonderful restaurant where the food and service are carefully attended to as though you are attending your best friend’s dinner party and they are doing their very best to make certain you are comfortable and well fed with a carefully selected and thoughtfully prepared epicurean experience. And if you are really lucky, and there at just right time, you may enjoy a beautiful sunset from the outside porch…otherwise you will always feel like you are the most special guest in the place!

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank LindaK976
Reviewed 21 March 2022 via mobile

This restaurant has delicious food! I’ve only been twice but each time I try something different, it’s wonderful! The first time i went i got the street tacos during happy hour. This is something that you can’t beat! Not to mention the yummy margaritas! On this last visit, I had the “El Jefe” burrito and it was the Boss! Big burrito.. had to take 1/2 home. Our server both times was Jayson and he was so kind and accommodating. I had a little issue (that was my fault) with my bill but they quickly fixed it for me and very kindly. Great service, kind people and delicious food! Can’t wait to go back again!

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 18 February 2022 via mobile

Happy hour great employees in point even though the tacos were 2$ Piece they were phenomenal…And all the regular margaritas were great the quacamole will extend yr life expectancy anyone who said anything was wrong stay home….

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 18 January 2022 via mobile

Our new favorite place. Was recommended to this place by a friend. Food was awesome and service even better.

From drinks to apps to desert everything was very good and a decent price. Will definitely be back next time in mystic.

Date of visit: January 2022