“Best Mexican food in Hartford”
Review of Agave Grill

Agave Grill
Ranked #7 of 481 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

My friends and I always enjoyed coming to agave Grille for margaritas, guacamole and good Mexican food. We’ve always enjoyed the food but this time the service was just a little off. Our waitress was hard to find and whenever we wanted something we would have to go looking for her.

I still will be coming back here but hopefully next time the service will be better.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

It’s Sunday morning in downtown Hartford on a cold day; I am told Agave serves breakfast late. My server is Ylis she is friendly and brings me fresh chips and salsa.
I ordered the omelette of the day. Not sure what it is but I am hungry. Leas than 10 minutes later she brings a skillet full of a veggie and sausage omelette with bacon home fries.
The omelette is huge, the fries are delicious. I could not finish this meal.

The place is a typical Mexican place that starts filling up soon after I arrived.There is a bar as well. The atmosphere is family friendly. I recommend this restaurant for everyone.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

For a place that claims to be a tequila bar I figured they'd have a quality margarita. Not so much. They were also expensive, which was a double fail.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We wanted to go here before a concert and the wait time was huge but we managed to get in after 1.5 hours of sitting in a bar across the road. Staff were great and the food was fantastic!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The table prepared guacamole is really excellent - the lime adds a lot! The calamari appetizer was also really good - and generous! The mahi tacos were really well made with a combination of flavors. Finally, the BBQ soft tacos with beans and rice was also really well done.