“Excellent ribs!!!”

Bear's Smokehouse
Ranked #5 of 482 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I went for dinner with some biz friends, the place environment is quite good and the ribs just amazing, very smoke tasting and soft. I enjoyed some.much that ask twice uber eats!!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for delicious, juicy, smoked & Bar-b-q meats with a multitude of varieties everyone,” THIS IS ABSOLUTELY IT!” We go here often and the line always snakes out the door on the weekends, “which tells you a lot, right there!” We visit both their HARTFORD AND THEIR “WINDSOR LOCKS”, Ct. location, as well! Their “Windsor Locks,” Ct location is a “favorite of ours!” This restaurant has other locations in Ct., as well but these restaurants are amazing! The staff at both restaurants are amazing and I went to the restaurant in Windsor Locks, Ct yesterday and the restaurant in Hartford, on Friday with friends! The staff yesterday( APRIL WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...VERY PERSONABLE, FRIENDLY, INFORMATIVE, COMPETENT AND COULDN’T DO ENOUGH TO HELP US! The cashier( didn’t catch her name because so busy) at around 5:30 to 6:00 pm yesterday( Sunday 6/3/18 was amazing) as well as the nice young woman who packed up food for me “to go”, after we ate! I ordered food to go home! This WINDSOR LOCKS, Ct location has the best staff period! The Hartford, Ct restaurant also has a delightful staff( when we dined on Friday 6/1/18! These are two fantastic restaurants and we travel regularly from MA to eat here! The huge beef ribs( only served on weekends) are to die for and more food than one can possibly eat in one sitting! Cost is $25.00 for the beef rib dinner and worth every penny, I assure you! You get two sides( I chose cornbread( really think that should be “complimentary, like most restaurants instead of being considered a “side!”)! Hey, even “THE CRACKER BARREL” with inexpensive entrees has complimentary homemade & very good cornbread and biscuits! Ha! never mind $25. entree! LOL! Be warned though, many of the side dishes are “spicy”(extremely in some cases) but they are delicious! My husband loves spicy! I order their baked potato as side dish and cornbread ( naturally) while my husband gets their green beans and Mac & Cheese( both not spicy)! The rest are though so just be aware it f that! They offer delicious combo dinners w/ two or three choices, or just the meat with no sides( I got their whole smoked chicken to go w/ no sides)! They offer beef brisket, baby back ribs, the aforementioned chicken...all perfectly smoked and so much more! It is a cafeteria style where you give your order, as you walk along the line and get your own soft drinks! They have an attached bar( small but definitely cute w/ a few tables where you can sit, have a cold beer on tap or cocktail) and be waited on either at the bar or about 8 to 12 small tables. You can also take your drink back to the picnic table style, relaxed, informal restaurant, where you take your meal to eat! It is a fun place to eat and drink! They offer different bar-b-q sauces that are equally as delicious to dip or pour liberally on your meat selections! Prices are very inexpensive and more than enough food for two or even three meals! My husband finished his beef rib dinner from yesterday, today and he has a good appetite! He still has his sides left! Me? I ate yesterday, today and still have enough beef ribs for probably two more meals yet! Ha! Oh! I haven’t even got to my smoked, bar-b-q chicken yet! LOL! You absolutely have got to go here for I promise you that you will not be disappointed! There food is absolutely “THAT GOOD”, I promise you! Families, couples, singles....”EVERYONE GOES HERE TO GET A EXCELLENT, INEXPENSIVE AND CONSISTENTLY DELICIOUS MEAL!”

1  Thank PekepooEmma
Reviewed 4 June 2018

The restaurant is within walking distance of the Connecticut Convention Center. There was a lunch special which offered 2 choices of meat, 2 sides, and drink. It was quite a bit of food, and we had enough takeout for another meal.

The set up is buffet style, although the staff serves the choices. The ribs were excellent, another excellent choice was the chopped turkey sandwich. Collard greens and sweet potatoes were very good. There was no seafood, but a non-meat lover can get a good vegetarian meal.

1  Thank Kavmore
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

First time customer. I just wanted a good meal but instead I got an experience an excellent one. I had the 1/2 rack baby back ribs with side of collard greens and Mac and cheese. The meal made me sit back and enjoy and savor each bite. It was that good. The ribs were tender and the collard greens were flavorful. The Mac and Cheese was also good.I will be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Teresa510
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We went to Bear’s smokehouse on the recommendation of my husband, who had stumbled upon it last time he visited the area. Upon walking in, it’s pretty bare bones, not a whole lot of decor or theme, although there is a super windy ceiling fan. This focuses the attention on the meat being sliced in the area where orders are taken.
We ordered a variety of items. I got a pulled pork sandwich with broccoli salad and green salad. My daughter got a BBQ bowl, which isn’t actually in a bowl. It was a piece of cornbread covered in beans and pulled pork. My mom got a turkey plate with spicy BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw. My husband got the two-meat platter with double brisket, since they were out of Texas Sausage (it was late when we went in). His sides were Mac and cheese, cornbread, and cole slaw. Everyone loved the food. My mom said the turkey was fantastic, the best she has tasted the in a long time. The pulled pork was exactly how it should be, and my daughter loved the beans.
There is no service to review, since it’s served cafeteria-style. The people were busy but friendly, and the room was boring but clean. They had good WiFi, which is a bonus. The price was average for a smokehouse. I would recommend this!

Date of visit: May 2018