“Wonderful dinner, delicious food”
Review of Max Amore

Max Amore
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Amore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Glastonbury Blvd
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Five of us had a business dinner here a few days ago. I was hooked from the moment the delicious, crunchy ciabatta bread was delivered, with olive oil for dipping and roast garlic heads to spread on. Yum! For starters we chose calamari and polpetti e salsiccia to share. OMG the polpetti were to die for - the best I have ever had, anywhere! (We should have ordered a smaller size though, as we could not eat it all because we wanted to leave room for the entrees!) For my main I chose the Sicilian spiced duck breast. I could not taste the spices, even though I ate some of the skin, but the meat was delicious and very tender. It definitely didn't need the large serrated steak knife that was provided! (Several others on the table said they would have tried the duck if they'd known it would come as slices of breast.) To top it off, the staff were very good - friendly, attentive and professional. Would most definitely come back here again. One final note - Max Amore has two entrances on opposite sides of the building, so if you enter on the side that is more like the back entrance, then you have to walk all the way through the restaurant, past the kitchen, to the host/hostess desk. My colleague and I did not know this (not locals) so it was a bit awkward when we first entered, until another patron told us where we needed to go.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Was just here with a party of 7 with a 1 o’clock lunch reservation. The place was almost empty. One of our party was on a tight schedule, ordered a salad and asked that her order be expedited. No drinks ordered to delay service. At 1:45 our food was delivered except for the salad! The expedited order was the last to arrive!!! Have usually had good experiences here but the overall poor service during this visit raises questions!

Mark C, Owner at Max Amore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Shelby,

I am the Managing Partner of Max Amore and Max Fish. I am so sorry for the less than stellar service you received. I had been called to Max Fish to take care of something while your food was being prepared. The server that started your table got called away on a family emergency and failed to give the details of your request to the server who took over. This was a very odd and unfortunate situation and I am very sorry we failed to get your guests food out first as requested. While I am pleased to read you enjoyed the food and have had many good experiences here I am disappointed we let you down. Please accept our sincere apology and let me know the next time you will be in so we can personally see to it that everything is perfect.

Mark Conley
Managing Partner
6:05 PM

Reviewed 10 September 2018

It has been some time since I last ate at Max Amore and the food and service are still excellent. I visited the restaurant on a Thursday evening as they have 50% off on their bottled wines which is a real bargain. Be sure to make reservations as the restaurant books up quickly.

Mark C, Owner at Max Amore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We had such good food and service on the first night of our stay that most of the group returned on our 3rd night for dinner once again. Try the mussels and the prosciutto and fig pizza - yum!

Reviewed 30 June 2018

It was ok. I have been to many Italian places with better food. Went here as a large group and we were seated within a reasonable time and the waitress took really good care of us.