Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
Trip.com
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

I wish I could have rated higher, however the room was not worth the cost. The host who checked me in was extremely nice and I could tell they were trying to renovate the rooms, however, there were stains in the comforter and the room across was very loud and kept me up for a majority of the night. Rooms were not sound proof. I wish the rate was lower, then I would recommend staying here.

Room tip: Request to change rooms if there are noisy neighbors
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

Old motel. Clean but not to comfortable. Bed was a little hard. Pillows really small. Should bring your own. There was very little room to walk between the bed and dresser. Air conditioner was portable and piped outside through a hole in the window however it worked. Toilet and sink were right next to each other so you had to sit sideways on the bowl and the TP was behind you. Elevator was a cage. Hard to get in and out of for older people as the metal door was heavy. Restaurant is closed. They gave us 4 bags at check in with fruit, muffins, and koolaid. It was ok for 2 nights but I would not stay again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

We booked an overnight stay at this hotel on our way to Santa Fe, NM through Hotels.Com.  When he walked out of office after checking in, my husband was shaking his head & saying he did not understand a thing the Asian woman at the desk was shouting st him except the part that we greatly underpaid for our room and that he needs to be grateful because rooms here are twice what he paid. He said she kept saying that and then handed him two brown paper bags: each containing a banana, a bruised apple, a packaged muffin, a bottle of water, and a kid’s type sugar juice pouch. She said that’s your breakfast. When he asked where our room was he didn’t understand her and she got angry when she repeated instructions and he still didn’t understand. We got to the room entrances in the back and she approached us and made a beeline for me. She got on the elevator with us and IMMEDIATELY got In my face and started shouting at me and saying that ‘You got good deal!’ And went on to say that she is the owner and we should have paid much more. She was so loud and obnoxious about it, I said, why do you keep telling us this? Do you want us to pay you more money?’ Then she started SHOUTING at us and saying that her rooms go for so much more and she’s losing money on us but she doesn’t want our money. I wearily said ‘We are tired and just want to sleep.’ She kept shouting at us as we walked to our room.

This was a very disturbing experience. The room is very tiny. The bathroom is so small that you have to sit sideways on the toilet so that you don’t bang your knees on the sink. The room smelled badly, I had to spray my perfume. The refrigerator did not work so we threw our ‘breakfast’ in the garbage. Oh, by the way, we paid $104.42 and she claims her rooms go for $250. It must have really upset her that Hotels.com got us such a good deal because she kept screaming about it some more when we checked out. It was all very humiliating, stressful, and extremely creepy. We will never again return and we will warn our family and friends. I don’t know how they stay in business. NOTE: Shady looking and dark parking lot...Trip advisor photos of rooms are very misleading

Room tip: Keep Driving to Del Norte we regret not having stayed there, several nice places
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2020

We were there in the middle of Covoid 19 so many of the features were not available such as the restaurant. Therefore, my review will just evaluate the room and facility. The couple running the desk were absolutely delightful and accommodating. It appeared to be very clean. The elevators were original and very quaint. You had to open a door and slide back the accordion metal grate to get in. KInd of neat! However, they were a pain so we chose the stairs coming and going which were poorly lighted and required us to be cautious. They were not fire escape stairs but within the building.
There was a larger than bar size refrigerator. The room was TINY and not air conditioned! Just enough room to walk around the bed. It was cool enough that we wouldn't need the air but there were no screens on the windows! I didn't want mosquitoes biting me all night. They love me! We went to bed and I couldn't stand the heat. So, I opened the window and pulled the curtain. Then, I had to listen to the traffic all night! The bathroom was also VERY small. Shower and potty and sink, all within reach from the potty. Overall, the room was quaint, VERY SMALL and not worth the money!!!

Room tip: Don't be on the street side if you insist on going.
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2019

Spent two nights at this historic hotel in Monte Vista Colorado, visiting family. Said to have been renovated. My brother-in-law, who grew up there, said nothing looked changed from when he worked there as a teenager. The check in desk area was nice, clean and welcoming but ... Walking in from the back entrance the foyer are was dirty looking, the flooring worn and cracked all over, all the glass looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in along time. Same with glass at the double doors in front. Dirty.
Going up to our rooms there holes and serious fraying along the stair edges of the carpeting, some seriously bad patch jobs on walls where plater had simply been globed on to fill the hole or crack but not smithed out. In my queen room - black mold around the edges of the shower stall; the shower head was installed at least 7’ up the wall and the when turned on sprayed at the opposite wall. I could essentially stand in the shower and not get wet. The head would not adjust down. You could spin it it either vertical or horizontal but that was it. In the suite my sons had the toilet was installed so the front edge of the bowl was almost under the side of the sink - if you were long legged or of any bulk there was no way you’d be able to sit on the commode. My sons said it was awkward. Card readers on the doors looked like they had been installed very quickly without regard to damage to the doors, if they were straight, if they even covered the holes from where doorknobs had been.
Only saw the same Asian lady with a very thick accent the whole time we were there - at the front desk, closing up the breakfast area, checking office stuff. She was always very cordial and asked every time we saw her if everything was ok. If there were any other staff they weren’t evident. I can’t speak to the complimentary breakfast or it’s quality since we had breakfast elsewhere with family while there.
This hotel has had some starts and stops with owners with grandiose ideas of bringing it back it’s glory days coming and going. It sat empty for some time. I don’t know who has it now but rather than restoring things to show off it’s historic splendor I think they’ve done the minimal repairs on the cheap to bring up to code and that’s it. Too bad. It really has potential to be a great place if someone really cared and had the resources to do historically accurate renovations with modern touches.

Date of stay: August 2019