“Great Mexican food & service ”

El Cielo II Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 260 Restaurants in Loveland
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New in Loveland, CO. Same ownership and menu as El Cielo in Greeley, Colorado.
A TripAdvisor Member
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

First time here and loved it! Had beef enchilada platter and the flavors of the 3 sauces impressed me! Clean, well appointed with good friendly service.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We have been to El Cielo in Loveland a couple of times. We have received wonderful service both times. My wife lived in Mexico for a few years and she says the food reminds her of her time in both the city and the rural areas. The servings are more than ample. We have tried a variety of their offerings and have not been disappointed. They serve breakfast all day (breakfast burritos only until 11 am). This is truly a local favorite, so get there early if you wish to take advantage of Happy Hour, as the place fills up quickly.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We went here the other night for dinner based on a recommendation from wife's coworker. The house margaritas were pretty good, and you could at least taste the Tequila, compared to other restaurant's house margs. I liked the salsa bar probably the best. The pico was really good, but the knockout was the roasted jalapeños and onions. I could have lifted the container out of the salsa bar and taken it back to my table. The guacamole wasn't particularly flavorful, we had to doctor it with some salsa and it had too many unions. I had Menudo. It was flavorful and full of tripe and hominy. Almost as good as mine, but the server forgot the oregano and crushed red pepper. I didn't want to wait for her to return to ask for some. Wife had a smothered burrito with half and half green chile. She said she has had better green chile at other Loveland Mexican places. Service was good; not great but friendly enough.

We probably wouldn't hurry back.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Maybe I ordered the wrong thing here, but I love good Mexican food and this unfortunately, wasn't fit to eat. I had the Camarones in garlic sauce, and the dish was utterly TASTELESS. The shrimp were without any flavor whatsoever and the sauce totally flat. No spice or anything. The beans and rice were OK, but I will not return.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Tried this restaurant through recommendation from a friend. Missed their lunch buffet that is from 11am till 2pm. Good choices and valued for money than ala carte. The food taste very nice and the restaurant has a good Mexican atmosphere. Will come back to try the buffet again.