All reviews homemade cookies quiche granola columbine room parisian suite thoughtful details cold brew queen anne suite red rocks store leftovers walking distance of downtown perfect home away from home exposed brick souffle b and b bed and breakfast coffee station
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I wanted to surprise my wife with a special trip for our 10th anniversary. After lots of searching I came upon the Dove Inn in Golden. Its ratings were very high, and I had luckily began my planning months ahead, so I had my choice of rooms.

Since it was a very special anniversary, I opted for the nicest room they had: The Aspen Suite. It's a large room with a decent bathroom that included a jacuzzi tub in the room.

The innkeeper at the time, Elizabeth, was very knowledgeable about the home's storied history and sat with us a few times and talked about various parts of how she had found the home and the restoration she'd done. It's my understanding there are new innkeepers that took over shortly after our departure. Can't wait to see what they do since it looks like there is a lot of construction going on.

The breakfasts were really great for our two night stay. The first breakfast was a french toast, and the second one was a egg casserole with potatoes inside. It wasn't trying to be too fancy, and it was just right. One of the best breakfasts we've had at a B and B.

There were small refrigerators throughout where you could store snacks and leftovers. There are always snacks downstairs too, like homemade cookies, or candy bars. The stairs to the second floor are quite steep, but that's part of the charm. We did get a chance to wander through the other rooms before the evening of our second night, and they are all quite cute and have their own charm.

The location is quite nice, just on the outskirts of town, and within walking distance to everything. That's part of the charm here. Parking is on street, but it's not too difficult to find a spot, and if you want, wait until the evening then you can park even closer.

Room Tip: Talk to the innkeepers who have a great understanding of each room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd T
Dove711, Owner at The Dove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

We've changed a few things since you've stayed, we'd love to have you back to experience them!!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Located downtown and very close to everything, this charming Inn is the perfect spot to rest a weary head.

Our hosts were charming, professional and very knowledgeable about where to go and what to see.

Our suite ( The Queen Anne ) was large with a separate seating area, very comfortable king bed and best of all, the 24 hour coffee & tea pot were just outside the door.

Breakfast was served in a bright and airy area and was anything but mundane. Made from scratch, it was hot and delicious.

This is, without doubt one of the best B& B 'S that we have stayed in and when our travels, once again include Golden, The Dove Inn will be our selection.

Room Tip: Queen Anne Suite Is Excellent
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Elizabeth was a wonderful hostess. When she learned that she might not be at the Inn when we arrived, she called us and told us where the key to our room would be, explained where the coffee, bottled water and cookies were! She even loaned us a seat cushion for our concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater that evening. That was above and beyond! The breakfast was very nice too - asparagus quiche and peach bran muffins - both were delicious! If we ever visit Golden again, I know where we're staying - The Parisian Suite at The Dove Inn!

Room Tip: The Parisian Suite was very nice, upstairs - and quiet!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReneeJ465
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful from beginning to the end. Great Host, great breakfast, great location, great nights sleep......Everything you want from a B&B

You won't be disappointed. All the Reviews say it all. I'm from NY and travel for a living and always go by reviews and recommendations.

It was highly recommended by my cousin Diane over breakfast one day when she was serving me one of Elizabeth wonderful breakfast recipes when I was visiting her in San Diego. She said if you are ever in Colorado, you have to stay here.

So now her recipes are served at our family homes from Coast to Coast and if that isn't a strong enough of a recommendation, I don't know what else is.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacob H
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Elizabeth is just a great host. Helpful, friendly in every way, and truly accommodating. We ended up changing rooms during a recent week-long stay and both rooms were nice. The common space is warm and inviting, with snacks and coffee drinks available all the time. The location is great, as the inn is just a block off the main street, so pretty much everything in Golden is walking distance. Breakfasts are really good. Is it the most romantic of B&B's? No. But it's one of the best ones we've stayed at.

Room Tip: It's quiet around this inn, despite proximity to downtown Golden.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family